[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think I have always suffered from depression and anxiety and such like but it seems to have multiplied a lot since the pandemic. The first lockdown was OK but this last one has really taken the wind of out of me. Having complete ******** as neighbours also doesn't help. The main reason I am feelin...
I can relate to what you are saying Claire. Mum never really got past her husband dying and seems to be stuck in a rut. She is very controlling but I think it's because she is so scared. She gets all worked up if I say I have to go to the office twice in one week and then I feel awkard and bad for e...
Hi Janet, So sorry to hear about what is going on. I am glad your Mum is making progress though. I don't know what local authority you are in but in ours, you can contact the Housing department who come to do an assessment of the property and allow up to £5K worth of repairs / updates to keep the ho...
Hey, How are we all? Hope you are all keeping OK. I'm really fed up with everything at the moment. Getting from one day to the next is such a bother. Still giving care to 3 people, 2 of which are driving me potty. Work is still as hectic as ever. Still no support from other able family members who a...
I wouldn't go to the GP with her. I don't really get on with her. She does my head in most of the time. Sorry if that sounds awful. Life is hard having to look after Mum, her and the other sibling on top of my own issues and the ***** next door. Sometimes I long for an escape from this bloody awful ...
Hi, So sorry about your situation. Who do you mean when you say the housing executive? Do you mean the homeless assessment team? In the UK, we are expected to make a callback within 24 hours to anyone who has requested it. If I were you, I would call them back and ask why no one has responded. They ...
Never compare yourself to others.

I tend to do this when I am feeling especially down and then it makes me feel even worse before I started. Then it's just a downward spiral and I end up feeling useless and worthless.
He's mad now because he didn't listen to me about calling council and making a homeless application he decided to get a new job which made him exempt from hostel support now he's lost this job because his mania has passed he's now depressed and angry and blaming everyone else. His accusations and t...
Crikey. This sounds bloody awful. I'm surprised adult social care have not gotten involved. Do they not have a client financial services team? Our local authority does and they really help out when young clients are being taken advantage of. That woman sounds like a right piece of work. Phone the Po...
Thanks for that BB. I don't think that would work for her. She would need someone with her 24/7. She does crazy things like wakes up at 4am to take the rubbish out leaving the door wide open and doesn't understand what danger she puts herself in or others. I know they have hostel kind of things for ...