[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice in case any of you have been in a situation with evil people living next to you. SITUATION: They slam doors like they are going out of fashion. All the doors are on the wall that separates their house from ours. Slamming starts from the first thing in the morning u...
Hi Justin, I know you have completed the online referral, is there anyway you can google your local authority or look on their website for an EDT emergency duty team contact? I know we have one for our local authority where they have a senior practitioner who is always on call. Have a chat with them...
Sorry I can't give you any advice about the particular health issue but my Mum's husband was given one year once he was diagnosed with myeloma but lasted three years. The last year took it out of all of us. It was like we had the cancer as well as him. I don't think any of us thought of it as caring...
Hi cloudygal , Sorry it's the same for you too. I've not heard about this online thing but will look into it. Thanks for your advice. Hi Joan , When I googled it, it brought up a lot of support groups in North Yorkshire. There are a few in central Leeds but the timings are a bit meh. I might be able...
Hi Joan_1501 , Bless you, you sound adorable. I love how you tackled your Mum's issue of not wanting to let you go. It's different with you being the only child. I have 5 siblings in total, but the eldest 1 has nothing to do with us anymore because she no longer requires a babysitter (nephew and nie...
Hey Sally_177031, I love the way you handled your caree. I don't think Mum would relent and if I took the measures you did, she would throw me out which would not be good because I would not come back and she would be well and truly snookered. I do like your va va voom and wish I had done what you d...
Hi Melly1, thanks for your response. We had the OT assessment about a year ago. They’ve given her these hand splints which she wears more or less all day and they gave her some really fancy gloves which she wears at night. I think her circulation is really poor because her hands and feet are always ...
Hi cloudygal , thanks for your response. My family would not want to get involved with SS. I've mentioned it to them before. Mum thinks they would take her away and put her in a home and it's not nice seeing her cry like that. She won't understand nor will she accept it. If I try to talk to her abou...
Hi Melly1 , thanks for replying. Mum really struggles with basic things like opening and closing doors due to her osteoarthritis. Poor woman can’t even go from the front room to the kitchen without struggling with the doors. I know she somehow manages but to see a fully independent woman become what...
Hi all, I'm a 37 year old male from Yorkshire who just wanted to post on here and let it all out because sometimes it gets too much for me. I've been feeling really down for a long time now. I did post on here not too long ago but then never managed to follow it up as life and caring got in the way....