[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for that Jason We hope you share your experience as well as your queries, that's a long time to be a carer. Do you get any help from family or outside carers? Kr MrsA Hi,no its just me and dad and you could say i do everything from house stuff to caring,we have a cleaner come for a few hours...
My mum had a catheter when she was living at home, the GP surgery had a "Continence Nurse" who would visit regularly to check that everything was OK. Is this happening with dad? Yes we have a nurse come every Monday for a Flush out but sometimes it blocks just before like a day or so but he does ge...
Yes i have noticed this is a very common topic as over 200 in a day or so,think there is a lot of people with these type of problems and highlighting it might help others as well as me as i do hope so. I wont try the pipe cleaner way as its only doing what the flush fluid is doing pushing it all up ...
Hi there,i will add the details. Im 49 and caring for my 90 year old dad,im a living carer and done caring for 15+years first with my mom and now dad which is around 10 years. The main reason to come on here is he has a catheter bag for just over 6 years and just around 3 or so problems i could need...
Sorry, I've just reread your post, the leg bags we use are not coloured, but I don't think the leg bag being blue could cause blockages? Hi and thanks for the reply. Its were the urine sits after a time,say dad had a new catheter then a week or 2 after you can see the bag tube and where it comes in...
My Husband has had a catheter for about 18 months, it used to block every 3/4 weeks. Wash outs never worked so had to be changed fairly often. He now has a flip flow (tap above the leg bag) and I turn this tap off once a day for an hour or so, this lets the urine build up in his bladder, when the t...
Hi,thanks for the reply and i will give a bit more details on this. Dad lives at home and i live with him and care for him 24/7,he had the catheter fitted 6 years 3 months due to enlarge prostate which was seen on ultra-scan.(water retention) and all else looked fine. The first 4 years was great as ...
Don't know if this is in the right place so i will just be very quick.
I'm new and first post.
Dad is 90 and im a full time carer and we are having problems with it keep getting blocked,its a foley long term one.
Thanks.
Hi all,im a new person to this site and been told to join by a few nurses just for that little bit of advice on a few things.
Thanks