[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi WorriedDD, I to agree with the advice that your Mum isn't responsible for how much your Dad eats. Small portions of food should be offered, if he doesn't eat that's fine. Fortisips or similiar available as an alternative would be a good compromise and puddings such as those described by Mrs A. S...
This is really just to say hello and welcome as it's often quiet here at this time of day. Unfortunately I don't personally have a lot of experience of caring for the very elderly. You can send a letter to your Mum's GP (even if they won't tell you anything) in case they are not aware of how stress...
Thank you very much for all your kind comments. Perhaps I didn't make it clear in my first posting - sorry - but it's not a case of my mum worrying about him not eating (although she does) - more that he actually wants to eat (or claims he does) but everything she cooks or offers him is rejected. To...
Me again! Re. the grim phone calls, you could try saying something like "Dad, if you're just going to be miserable when I ring you, I'm not really going to feel like calling you very much. All you've done since we started speaking is to moan. Do you think, when I phone you next week, you could try t...
Have you tried getting in touch with one of the agencies for the elderly - such as Age UK - in his area? They have volunteers who visit lonely older people, in some places. There's no guarantee of course, that they will have one available or even that your dad will accept their help but they might b...
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've just joined because I'm so worried about my mum, who is a carer for my dad and I wondered if anyone else had been through anything similar or could offer advice, as the situation is getting so stressful and can't go on. My mum is in her 80s, my dad is in 90s. He has a ...