[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/wills-and-probate/content/100522 Looks like having your great-uncle as a witness could be potentially problematic. "Anyone can be a witness to the signing of a will, as long as they are over the age of 18 and are not blind. A witness does not have to be a professional p...
Take about four copies of the LPA before you send it off. One for yourself One for the bank One for Social Services One spare. POST BY RECORDED DELIVERY the original (can't remember where that goes to) the bank copy Social Services copy - put this for the attention of the social worker you spoke to...
Thanks all for the replies :) As always, very much appreciated :) Had a drama-filled afternoon, after initially posting on here yesterday about the issue. I had a phone call from social services, saying the bank had contacted the police about the issue and so social services then got involved. The s...
The bank are in the wrong, I had problems with mum's bank a few years ago, and in the end, demanded an apology and compensation for all the stress and aggro of £100, and they agreed! I suggest you go to a different branch of the bank and ask for a 3rd party mandate form, or look at what the bank sa...
Thanks, Chris :) Couldn't find anything on CAB about it, but I looked elsewhere and saw that a third-party mandate is applicable in the same way that POA is, when the person whose account it is will not lose mental capacity (which is true in the case of my Gran, as she has no dementia issues). I thi...
Hi Guys, Wondering if anyone has any tips/advice or just general opinion on this. I am the third party mandate on my Gran's bank account (only reason we even informed the bank of this was because she moved into a nursing home earlier this year and she had no way of informing them of her change of ad...
Hello, Fellow MND Carer :) I care for my Gran, who was diagnosed with MND in March this year (though displayed symptoms for a year before that). It is so hard, not just for the MND sufferer, but for their 'main' carer, too. You absolutely have to take care of your emotional wellbeing so the carer's ...
This is going to be a hard one to change the habit of and I don't know your specific circumstances, but I read recently that you should put that time aside for yourself and stick to it. So, you dedicate 1 hour to yourself. If someone calls you in that time, ignore it until after the hour is up. (Obv...
Hi Dan, I couldn't read what you've written without replying to you. I did the exact same thing you did, for the exact same reasons. My Mum had me look after her, in various ways and through various emotional states when I was growing up and then into early adulthood. She, too, used to hide cans and...
Hi Joes, I actually would agree with you that it ends up being the Caree that seems to have to provide 'permission' for the Carer to have some respite in a lot of cases. It's that horrible feeling of knowing that the Caree will be miserable/angry/upset/resentful if you take some time for yourself (w...