[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am looking to go nack to work part time 20hours at approx £200 a week. Obviously this means CA will stop and has a knock on effect to other benefits....HB & CTax. Using a benefits calculator it appears we will be £20 a week better off. Is it really worth it? I dont get the claim for respite etc. H...
Thanks, i have given the reading to our company and am waiting to see what the rebate will be.
I have now moved the concentrator so it is more easily accessible to turn off when not in use. I am hoping this may help bring down the useage too which will reflect in our next bill.
My wife has an oxygen concentrator which is basically on 24/7. I have just had our electricity bill in and they want to increase my DD from £60 to £95 per month. I know we are entitled to a rebate from the machine supplier but there is still no way i can afford to pay an increase of over 50% as we a...
I can relate to this. The guilt, feeling trapped and no longer in love.
Update Well i had a phone call today from Job Centre to cancel my appointment for monday. Apparently Southampton JC have no heating or hot water etc so people cant work there. No we can not sanction them for that lol So i had a phone interview instead. Yes i can get training via a lical college on p...
Thanks, i am going to attend as it will be interesting to find out if i can retrain whilst i am caring. This is with a view to going back to work part time as i am fed up with taking total responsibility and being used as a verbal punching bag by my wife. I will up date when i find out on 8th April!...
Hi all, I have received a job centre letter requesting i attend an interview with my "work coach". I have never heard of this before so any info will be greatly appreciated. I am 48 and full time carer to my wife who is 58. She has osteoarthritis and stage 4 COPD and a few other issues. She has suff...
I am full time carer to my wife. I am getting to the end of my tether with being a full time carer and am thinking of saying enough is enough and going back to work. I dont know what will happen or who will care for my wife but i am just about done with being used as a slave and punching bag. I have...
Hello fellow Newbie
I care for my wife who has COPD and my daughter who has Bipolar type 2

Looking forward to interacting
Thanks Jenny Lucas I did post prior on another thread but thought it might be best to open a fresh one. My daughter and wife have always clashed even though my wife is the only other real parent she has known. I have never been seen as a parental figure by my wifes daughters as they were already gro...