[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
No siblings.
Power of Attorney - well... she was so suspicious, she thought we (I mean, my husband) would throw her out of her house if OH has POA. Very sensitive issue. I have no idea how to sort it out.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I hope your family member(s) will recover soon. Yep, MIL owns her house savings - some, no idea how much she's got Attendance Allowance no dementia IMO but a lot of confusion (calls my OH with our sons' names recently) no SServices assessment Power of Attorney questi...
Dear All, I have had a lot of support from this site in the past, I'm always grateful for that. Mother-in-Law, nearly 94, no serious chronic illnesses, managing generally on her own but with my Husband staying with her every day at lunchtime for 2 hours but more and more often he is needed 2 or 3 ti...
Thank you for all your replies. IMHO this is all about insecurities and priorities. I found out that MIL has always been anxious about not being valued and loved. She probably unconsciously decided to make her son her most important person to fix her insecurities. He obviously failed her, because no...
Thank you so much for your replies. Yes, a few days ago I managed to stop her blah blah when she started to talk about my OH past potential spouses :blush: and herself as a perfect matchmaker and me as a terrible choice her son eventually made. :ohmy: It is true her worldview is completely different...
I am in emotional turmoil. By sharing this, I just would like to put facts and feelings in order. My MIL (91) is getting more and more feeble, but still mobile around the house. She needs visits and some help with cooking and cleaning 3 times a day at the moment, for she injured her leg and she is r...
If she is OK on her own most of the time, can go out in the garden and cook, why on earth are you subjecting yourself to two or hours of this negativity every day? What does she actually NEED you to do that she cannot do herself? Would it not be possible to just phone and ask if there's anything sh...
Please wish me well. This is my fourth day of everyday visiting my Mother-in-Law in her 90s. My husband and kids are on well-deserved holidays, especially deserved by my OH who is the main carer. MIL is in a good physical condition at the moment. She has even started going out to the garden and cook...
Thank you very much for your reply jenny_lucas. I know arguing with MIL makes absolutely no sense, even when I try to explain simple facts. For example she keeps thinking I brought no money to the family when we were getting married and I have been entirely supported by my husband. The hidden messag...
Just one thing to add. When MIL is lashing out her criticism and complaining and negativity, she does it from time to time. It is the same story again and again. Perhaps, due to her old age, she thinks she says all of that for the first time. She might just not remember that she said that to me seve...