[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Given her age and frailty, your husband should have a discussion with his mum about finances and POA. Does MIL have a pendant arlarm? Then in times of genuine emergency she could coltact the call centre. It is ridiculous having to make all those calls. Why not put the answerphone on if she gets a p...
It looks like you have been having a very hard and long time caring for your parents.
No advice here, just best wishes for you. No wonder you are exhausted and want to share caring responsibilities. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Please don't be hard on yourself.
Her attitude is horrible. What she gave your husband was what any parent would do, to give their child the best start in life. She should be encouraging him to live his OWN life, with you, happy, fulfilled, travelling, etc. etc. Not chained to an elderly mother who doesn't appear to love him? Does ...
Jolanta, Attendance allowance is approximately £60 for lower rate and £90 for higher rate - and the Living wage £9.50 an hour ... Melly1 Thank you Melly1 for your calculation. I know it looks weird and I'm not sure what I should do. It doesn't look right to be tied to your parents financially howev...
I appreciate that you read and reply to what I am writing here. It helps me vent and gain some perspective. Well, sigh... my husband is staying for the night with MIL. We have had a long conversation. It turns out MIL has been giving him (us?) her Attendance Allowance money for YEARS. As far as I kn...
Funny-pathetic thing again. I remember when once in my lifetime I had my five minutes on the national TV (not the UK) as a member of a music competition jury. My MIL watched it. After a few months, she said to my parents: "So your daughter was on TV and she was supposed to have a brilliant career bu...
That's wonderful! I noticed a similar thing when my children were born.
Having said that, don't be too hard on yourself when you sometimes get tired of helping and caring for others.
All the best!
Thank you ever so much for your empathy and advice. MIL definitely feels insecure as she has probably always felt. That's why she tries manipulation and making us guilty. Funny and sad thing at the same time: she rarely shows interest in my job, family which was quite sad for me. But all of a sudden...
Hi All, I have had great support from this site. You are doing a great job here! I posted a few weeks ago about a possible need for night care for my Mother-in-Law (now 94, no major illnesses, worsening frailty, anaemia not investigated because MIL refused endoscopy). How lucky we are that she neede...
Thank you for your replies. Yes, I know, as a principle, the money needs to be my Mother-in-Law's and ours (mine, husband's) need to be separate from it. But, you know, I can hear explanations like: everything she owns my husband will inherit and so on. Do you know any life stories when subsiding ca...