[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dads fighting it. we can at least holdhis hand and tell him hes not alone. he belueves his spirit is stronger than illness and disability and that its not his time. he had bit porridge today... come on dad eat bit more ....
Can't be dad's time yet.......i stare outta the window hoping I'll wake up bad dream...
Really awesome to get really nice kindness and support quite amazing really. The doctors asked dad if he wanted to live. I thought that was quite shocking. I mean I thought doctors were a posed to help people get better. Dad said "Yes" he knows we need him back asap-still very scary though.
I'm in similar situation with dad -like a bad dream. I found out the hospital chaplaincy provides help and support to all regardless of religion of faith. I haven't contacted them yet but I might. Would you consider finding out a bit more about what help is available in your hospital.
Hi there is protective clothing designed just for this that the carers can wear.
Thanks for your replies. It's really lonely in the ward in the dark with the beep of machines and the snoring of others yet lots of Dramatic noises as busy people walk past. Awesome to listen to what others think and felt like the loneliness had been dissolved a little bit. The thing is we need dad....
Occupational therapy can put in a request order based on your needs. How to get an OT assessment. 1, GP referral 2. District nurses 3, as an inpatient in hoxpital 4. Daycare provision 5, physio. Sure ethererare others...which health care professionals are involved in his Health?
Doctors saying no hope bug my family are clinging on. He's lost loads weight, swallowing problems and is on oxygen. We are hoping any day now he will start to gain weight and require less input in the meantime he's deteriorating. Very long hours sitting in the dark ward watching dad. He frequently c...
Short term. Incontinence pads can also obtain via nhs prescription. A two way baby monitor so you can communicate without getting out of bed. Around neck emergency pendant in case mum falls or needs medical help. Live-in Carer?
Lots going on. Have you had a carers assessment. This will be an evaluation of your caring role and the needs of your mother. Carers Support, benefit Entitlement, living Arrangements, social support, and sign posting to charities can be accessed.