[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you Bowlingbun Have found the link to the challenge and will spend time later looking at this. The SW told me he had spoken to person about husband being funded by NHS continuing Health Care but decision was he did not meet criteria but I will look into this too . Direct payments have been dis...
Thanks Melly
That’s something I hadn’t thought of but will try to get him onboard with breaks.
Both our children would be happy to be trained and support me but this is not an option apparently with restraints and staff but will keep going on that.
Social care is broken
Husband still in hospital and there is still no care package insight . As usual everyone I come into contact with says this is the worst it’s ever been and no improvements likely. He needs 2 carers and this of course is even more difficult, Reluctantly and as a last resort I have put myself forward ...
Things haven’t moved on at all with a care package. At the moment the health board have secured beds in residential care, this must be costing a huge amount. We asked the question as to can they force someone to go rather than stay in hospital, apparently not but ot did peruse that he hopes it doesn...
I had a chat with a very helpful woman who runs a not for profit care agency community based. They have been running 2 years and are close to our home so would cover us. They are actively recruiting local people to be paid carers. She was totally supportive and honest and spoke about the huge demand...
Thanks Melly I really don’t have any evidence that those in power are doing anything to sort the crisis. Why don’t they start by raising the pay this would make a difference . They all know this must happen. My husband is not doing very well and this makes me worried that time is passing ! Got a lot...
Hi Bowlingbun Thanks for reply The builders are slow awaiting delivery of a wash and dry toilet. But all that’s been done so far fine looks tidy. He gets picked up by ambulance and taken to the dialysis unit. He’s always exhausted after and the staff are attentive and very aware. They give him a hug...
The social worker called me. They are asking everyone in hospital waiting for care package if they would go into residential. He reassured me they understand my husband is a firm no and this is ok. I’m confused by this as he is taking up space in palliative care ward although he was put there as he ...
I bumped into an ex colleague in the hospital car park her mother is in the same unit as my husband. She herself works in Adult care and her own mother is also waiting for a care package. We had a long chat it was lovely to catch up. It’s a very worrying situation there are over 100 people waiting f...
Thanks Breezy
It is more than frustrating at times.
Social Care needs to be fixed absolutely.