[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Update: my GP has prescribed anti-depressants and given me details of the telephone counselling service. Not had chance to contact them yet. AND: I have had a phone call from the carers' part of Social Services asking what the situation is (not again!!) BUT - as soon as I said that I was now on anti...
Thanks, bowling.

As you say, it might all work to our advantage. At the moment I'm very close to tears but am trying to hold them back until I'm sitting in front of my own doctor. What a dreadful world this is when I have to resort to that.
Oh, this gets better, it really does. Dad had a fall at about 5.00 this morning: he slipped out of his chair. We couldn't lift him, so I called the paramedics. They came, lifted him (eventually), checked him out and said he was okay. Except for his legs. He has swollen feet and his legs are weeping....
Thanks for that, bowlingbun: one weight off my mind.
I'm 64, and an only child. What I really want - help with caring for Dad at home. Someone with a bit more nursing knowledge than me (which wouldn't be hard) to help me get him to the loo in the mornings and wash him. And I wouldn't mind an uninterrupted night's sleep, either, but that's most unlikel...
Dad owns his house (he inherited from Mum, who inherited it from her own mother). His sole income is his state pension plus Attendance Allowance: I get Carers' Allowance, a minute amount of Occupational Pension from my late husband and a top-up of Income Support. The last time I saw his bank account...
Oh god, a sane voice in an insane universe - thank you so much! I'm going to raise the matter tomorrow with the physio and OH guys, and I also have an appointment with my own GP (sadly, not at the same surgery) because I need something to get me through all this. I'm alternating between bloody furio...
I'm the registered carer for my 92 year old Dad, who is rapidly deteriorating. He can no longer stand (not even with help) and needs help in getting to the loo, washing etc. We give in the same house, together with my partner, who receives PIP because his back is shot. I gave up my rented home to mo...