[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Chee Chee, I'm not a carer, just a ''concerned friend'' of an elderly guy in hospital, but I have had severe neuro auto immune for 18yr (since age 22). I do indeed know the feeling of everyone else getting on with their lives while you're stuck on the sidelines. I've learned to: Avoid most social...
P.S Re-my own care. I do have a social worker. Also been given a Careline thing last winter. They did look into a care package, but the problem is my needs are too, what's the word....unpredictable? Can go from not too bad to very ill and being taken to A and E via ambulance in just two hours (suspe...
As he has been in hospital, he should be entitled to "Reablement Care". Tomorrow, you MUST ring Social Services Rapid Response Team, explain that WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT you cannot do anything more for this man. He is now at the point of "Sink or Swim". Either he accepts outside help, goes back into ...
Hi X, Sounds like your caree has developed selfish-i-tis. It's a common affliction of the cared for! Time for some self preserving boundaries. Limit frequency and time of visits and explain what you are/aren't prepared to help with. I recommend you borrow/ buy a copy of the Selfish Pig Guide to Car...
Rant about getting drawn in to doing too much for a (less and less grateful) friend So my elderly friend P has improved his physical health since going back to hospital two weeks ago. However, now his mind seems worse, plus he is making ever more demands. I just can't keep up. I didn't realise how ...
Yes! I got the exact same line with my friend when I was demanding more blankets, more water, and some pain relief. You're right about handover. That's what they're for, is it not? I appreciate they cannot be expected to know all the intricacies of each patient's case, but, they should at least know...
Nothing ever seems straightforward in my experience. Are you sure this phone contraption is a relic from the past where you have to pay high rates to use it? Excellent point R. I looked into it, and although phone calls going out from the hospital are free, incoming calls are charged at something l...
P.S Tube? Fuggedit. You end up having to rely on passenger's help far too often. And I think we all know how often that goes wrong. Sometimes dangerously so. They always think they know how to handle a wheelchair. They usually don't. For some reason, they seldom wait for instructions, they just rush...
Shame it's not a fountain of Adnams Broadside ? Yep ... young mothers with pushchairs ... a bane of my caring days ... travelling in convoys blocking the pavement for faster travelling wheelchairs ... same for buses ... even saw an overflowing guard's van with 'em onboard back in ... 1999 ? Still ,...
Cheers Denis :) Well, I went to visit P again today. They'd moved him to a new ward. I got a shock when I went into his old ward, because the new guy in his bed had his back to me. So I didn't immediately realise it was not P. This other guy was on two absolutely massive bags of IV (about half the s...