[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
'' At one point they forced her medication and she came back to normal, and she was able to talk herself out and they let her out without a diagnosis of what it could've been. The Medical team wanted to visit every week but my mom told them she don't like people she don't know in her house. Then a f...
Edit- I think PMR, in this case, means Polymyalgia Rheumatica? Could it be steroid induced prediabetes or diabetes? I'm no doctor, but i hear it can be a side effect of steroids. Ask for A1C blood test. Get it done at the same time as iron and B12. Might as well, while you're there...... Sometimes y...
Good points :) . I've edited my post down to just info about coconut cream being an easy source of calories. Re-problems controlling diabetes. That does sound quite serious if your caree is hardly eating. Also, he/she doesn't understand their glucometer numbers? That's important. I'm only prediabeti...
I only have prediabetes, but I also have had problems with not being hungry/filling up too fast I use high fat foods to help me get enough calories in easy to swallow forms (prone to choking + swallowing problems). Half a bar of creamed coconut a day provides around 700 cals for £1. I only need 150...
P.S Your Dad rigged a pulley? Oh, that's great! Just the kind of thing my Grandpa would do when he was still able. ;)
I love the idea of a teletubby screen. Brilliant! :P Yes, I meant ideas for devices that are currently just imaginary. Harry Potter-ish I suppose you could call them. It's good to post real devices too though. We can all learn a lot from sharing which gadgets have helped us the most :) I do wish th...
To Honey Badger + Melly1, Yes I have had some pretty bad experiences too. They almost killed me and my Mum when I was born (severe blood loss and oxygen starvation). In short, it had long term ramifications on my entire family. These bad experiences can really mess up your relationship with docs and...
I've started imagining fantastical devices for disabled people.... My first one was ''Reminder cats''. They're all cat, plus , they remind you of what you need to do today, and what the heck you're supposed to be doing in the room you just wandered into. They can also remind you that you're cooking,...
When I had my first hip replacement (21 years ago,) a bank night nurse used to bring me a cuppa late at night after everyone else was asleep (I was 30 and virtually everyone else was very elderly and a lot of them took sleeping pills,) and stop by for a quick chat. No chance of that with today's st...
So, seeing as a lot of us here often struggle with getting what we need from the NHS, I thought it'd be nice to post about some of the times we've had good experiences. I'll start with one of mine: I got taken into A and E via ambulance with another M.E (<severe neuro) flare up. While I was waiting ...