[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>In 1993 I gave up my full time job as a laboratory technician, in a large pharmaceutical company, to look after my baby daughter. I had worked there for 15 years but don't regret it for one moment. When my daughter started school (three house moves later) I found a part time job working as a libr...
<t>I find it difficult too, many of the homes around here will do respite care if they have a vacant room, but I can only book two to three weeks in advance. So once Mum is booked,my husband and I then have to organise our holiday at short notice. Mum has had three stays at a lovely local home, but ...
LOL !
<t>Barbara, <br/> I have similar issues too. Mum has lived with us for the last eight years, over that time I have cooked, cleaned, and shopped for her, taken her to her doctors/dentist/hospital appointments, sorted out her medication and been on hand pretty much 24/7. However when ever I have a day...
Thank you having a lovely day. Had my nails done this morning, Hubs is cooking tea tonight, daughter is home from Uni and had some lovely presents. Perfect !
great man, remarkable life. will be sorely missed
<t>My Mum started to show signs of mild dementia while she was living with us in the USA. We had to return to the UK shortly after (due to my husbands work)and it was obvious that she wouldn't be able to manage living on her own. We were lucky as the home we returned to had an en-suite bedroom downs...
The first time is always the worst, hopefully he will settle down and may even enjoy his stay, leaving you to have some well deserved respite. I must admit that for me respite is a lifeline .
congratulations, may you have many more !
amazing piece of kit !