[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Sue, I know just how you feel. I care for my elderly mum and sometimes I feel like I don't exist as a person. I'm just ''mum's carer''. When my niece sends me a text it always says ''how's granny?''. She never asks how I am. Last year I got Covid and my sister sent me a horrible text because s...
Hi Angela and welcome. I guess that your siblings are jealous of the close, loving relationship you have with your mum. And jealous because your mum chose to live with you and not them. I don't understand why they are so insistent about you giving up your nursing job. As you pointed out your husband...
My mum (age 90) had her 1st vaccination last Sunday. She too is housebound and in a wheelchair. Mum had to travel to a Town hall about 4 miles away. She received a phone call the day before (short notice). Fortunately my sister was able to take her for her vaccination. My sister was not allowed to g...
Hello Rosie, Welcome to the forum. Wow! It's amazing all that you're doing. I understand how tired you're feeling. Does your husband still work or has he stopped working to care for the children? I hope you don't mind me asking these questions. If you tell us a bit more then we might be able to help...
Hello Sophie, You are in a difficult situation here. You have taken on all the responsibilities regarding your sister. This is not fair. Your sister is not your responsibility! You say 'I spend all my time looking out for her', but this approach doesn't seem to be working, does it? I am not an exper...
Hi Anna, I am so sorry for you. I don't know how you keep going. My advice would be to get your husband to phone the Samaritans on 116 123. It is a free 24 hour service. The Samaritans are truly amazing and are trained to help people going through a crisis. There is another service called NHS Talkng...
Hi Ellie, I'm sad to hear about your mum suffering from dementia. Do the doctors know why your mum got dementia while in her50's. ? (I hope you don't mind me asking). It must be incredibly difficult helping her through these challenging times. Are there any board games she could play? Even if it's j...
Plus remind his girlfriend that she would have to be there for him every day 365 days of the year! No days off, no Bank holidays off, no weekends off.
If your uncle finds out you're taking photos of his belongings and showing them to people in authority then he may feel betrayed and not trust you anymore. I think a better approach is to continue being very kind towards him and visiting him whenever you can. Let him know in advance when you're comi...
Hi Wendy, I assume that you are away from home for much of the time and your father is alone. Perhaps your father feels very lonely by himself and is pleased to have the company of the 'cleaner/friend.'