[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just an idea, have you tried giving him lollies and ice creams?
Hi Michelle, welcome. That is very, very sad to hear about your daughter. She is so very young to have something like this happen to her. Also it sounds like this has completely taken over your life. Have you anyone else to help care for her? Are you able to get your daughter out of bed into a wheel...
Also, does your mum enjoy listening to music? I often put Classic fm on for my Dad who loves classical music. You can get most of the radio channels on the tv now. Classic fm is 731 or if she prefers to listen to modern music then there are lots of others to choose from. I know this won't solve the ...
Hi Barbara, My mum is 87 years and my dad is 90. My mum lives in a bungalow so stairs are not a problem. My mum has osteoarthritis in her hip but is able to walk around the supermarket with a trolley to do her shopping. My mum gets upset and annoyed with my dad because he is incontinent and has memo...
Hi Barbara . Sorry to h hear you're having a difficult time. Does your mum have Carers, District nurses, Physio's visit etc? I find that it helps my mum when other people come round. It gives her someone else to talk to. Are you able to take her out at all?
Hi Deborah, I was interested to read your post because it reminds me of my son when he was 18. I'm sorry I can't answer your question about Benefits but I would like to tell you about my son, Ricky, who is now 25. Ricky was diagnosed as having mild Aspergers at 18. Ricky didn't want to continue with...
Hi Susan, I am new to Caters uk and already it has been a great help. Like you, I really needed someone to talk to. I am not very good at talking face to face to people, I much prefer this online talking. Plus we remain anonymous which also helps.
Dear Jenny, Many thanks for your advice. It certainly has given me a lot to think about. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband at such a young age, what a terrible shock it must have been for you. It's also heartbreaking to hear about your MIL and her condition. As for your advice -...
MrsAverage, I will do that. What a good idea. Best to be one step ahead.
Hi Melly 1 and Jenny, thank you for taking the trouble to read my post snd for your kind advice. For now I'm not saying anymore to my mum about getting carers because it either upsets her or it starts an argument. No I've decided to wait and see what happens. When my dad was ill he would refuse to g...