[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Joe, I'm not surprised you're fed up! It's not much of a life for you. Have you any other relatives helping with your gran? It would make a huge difference to you if you had some regular support from other family members. But - whether you have support or not you can help yourself. It won't be ea...
Katrina - this does sound worrying. Part of me thinks let him go, be on his own for a few days. But if he's depressed this might make him feel worse. Alternatively if you remind him of his responsibilities as a husband and father that might make him feel it's too much to cope with. This is horrible ...
Hi Sarah. My dad was a very heavy drinker and incredibly lived to be 91. Months before he died he had several falls and was admitted to hospital. They found that the alcoholism had depleted his body of a vitamin called Thiamine (or vitamin B1). Apparently this is common in people who are heavy drink...
Hi Faye, I am sorry to hear that your father is in hospital. You are obviously a loving, caring daughter. As long as you are there with your father - that's what matters. If your dad likes listening to music you could take along a small transpotable radio for him. You could postpone Christmas and ha...
Hi Katie Do you have a job or are you studying? Reading your post is sounds like you spend alot of your time at home. Please tell us more about your dad's health problems. Would your mum be able to care for him by herself? You are young and should be enjoying life. Start thinking about what you want.
Hello Ellen. It's an honour having a Psychologist on our forum! Welcome and I'm pleased you found us. It's sounds like you've been too good - trying to get everything done. I was the same. I started caring for both my parents 4 years ago. They happily sat back and let me get on with it. Then after a...
I am pleased that the other students are making an effort to include you during lessons. It's possible that they hadn't realised how you felt. Hopefully this will continue.
Well done, Abi for sorting this out.
Hi Victoria. I agree with your psychologist about not returning to work yet. It is crucial that you are there for your eldest daughter at a time when she needs you very much. Tell your daughter that you're taking time off because you are very worried about her. That's great that your daughter enjoys...
While you do things for her - your mum will happily sit back and let you do everything! Good idea from thara - go out as much as you can. Do your studying at college or in your local library. Do things that you enjoy doing - swimming, dancing, hanging out with friends, eating out etc. This way she'l...
Hi Leila, So sorry to hear about your situation. Do you own your home or are you renting? You and your husband were very kind to take your friend in but you didn't intend for her to stay indefinitely. You could say that you need the room she's in because your mum/sister/ friend wants to stay. But I ...