[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Some good advice there.
Also swap white bread for wholemeal bread and white rice for brown rice.
Can you stop buying him sweet biscuits and cakes? They are mostly just sugar and fat. If they're not there then he can't eat them!!
Hello Ian. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. When I lost my dad I found a 'Bereavement group' nearby who met up each week. I made some new friends and it really helped me cope with my grief. Sadly the group closed due to the restrictions made due to the Covid19 virus. There is some Be...
Hello Frank and welcome Do you think he is feeling worse due to the current Lockdown? That would be understandable especially if other family members and friends are no longer visiting him. Did he used to go out more before the pandemic? The reason I've mentioned this is because I've noticed a deter...
If I needed a carer I would also want someone just like you, Emma.
Hi Emma and welcome. I think you're giving your caree an enjoyable, interesting day. When you return from the walk she maybe thinking about all the things she saw and heard during the walk such as the fresh air on her face, seeing the green fields and trees and hearing the birds chirping etc. So she...
Hello Zoe,
I care for my elderly mum who is 90 years old. I don't live with her but I live nearby. I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I am just 'mum's carer' and nobody else!
I now have learnt to 'detach' myself and not to be so readily available to mum.
Mums can be very demanding!
It sounds like when your son is under pressure vour husband feels he has to react in an aggressive way towards him. But this just makes the situation worse. And now your son has started to copy your husband's behaviour - and they end up shouting at eachother. This might well sound odd (and I fully u...
Hello Nicola, It sounds like you are going through a difficult time. Your son and your husband have difficulty controlling their emotions. How old are your son and daughter? When your husband is calm - talk to him about different ways of getting through these difficult times. Suggest that next time ...
Hello Londonbound, I totally agree with you - a lot more needs to be done to help people with mental health problems. There is a new support group for men on facebook called 'Enlighten the Shadows'. I heard about it this morning on YouTube 'Lockdown stories: we lost everything,' Rory Green. I hope t...
Hello Chrissy, It's still early days since Bob's wife passed away (only a month or so). It is a very sad time for him. You and your husband have been very kind towards him - letting him stay with you during Christmas, the New year and beyond. I reckon he is worried about feeling lonely on his own in...