[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Natalie, welcome to carersuk. I am a new member too, I joined in July of this year. I have great sympathy for you, you don't deserve to be treated like this. You have been a very kind, caring and loving daughter towards your dad. How old is your dad? That is good news that he has made progress re...
Hi Jen. I think you have been a brilliant mum to your daughter. What I don't understand is when she has a sleepness night why does that have to involve you? Forgive me if this sounds harsh but at age 23 isn't it about time that your daughter learnt to be CONSIDERATE towards you (and others?). When s...
Forgot to ask, how severe is her autism? Does your granddaughter go to a special school or a mainstream one?
Hi Lez, welcome to carersuk. That is very kind of you to agree to have your granddaughter to live with you. What a shame that she has had to leave her family home. The idea of writing a book sounds good - how about the two of you writing in a diary each day about what has happened, on a daily basis,...
Dear Sarah, I've just read your post. Your son has clearly been through a terrible time - it's no wonder he has PTSD, psychosis, anxiety and depression. To suffer unbearable pain at a young age is way too much for anyone to cope with. No wonder he doesn't want to return for more catheterisation.. It...
Hi Sarah and welcome. I am new to this site too, I joined last month. Already I have found 'carersuk' very helpful. I found it by chance and it has made me realise that there are many of us out there struggling. I too feel I just want someone who understands. I have great sympathy for you, your son ...
Hi Sue and welcome. What a difficult situation you're in. I care for my elderly parents too, they live 5 mins walk away. My dad has frequent falls and he forgets to drink. He can so easily become dehydrated so I feel anxious for him when I'm not there. My mum gives him drinks but dad falls asleep an...
I absolutely agree with the 2 previous replies. I don't know how you are able to work full time and care for your son and grandad too. This is far too much for anyone to have to cope with. If you continue like this you will get ill or have a breakdown and that won't help anyone. Please put yourself ...
Just an idea, have you tried giving him lollies and ice creams?
Hi Michelle, welcome. That is very, very sad to hear about your daughter. She is so very young to have something like this happen to her. Also it sounds like this has completely taken over your life. Have you anyone else to help care for her? Are you able to get your daughter out of bed into a wheel...