[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Andrea, So sorry to hear you're struggling as a Carer. I joined this site a few months ago and talking to people here has helped me in many ways.
Hi Leni. I have just read your post. You say that 'your husband used to do the shopping' (as well as other things). Well have you considered doing online shopping? It's easy to do and the delivery cost is very reasonable.Or could your husband sit at the computer and do online shopping? This would gi...
You are letting your gran bully you! Sarah - your gran must be aware of how you're struggling and yet she turned carers away. In other words - your gran doesn't care about you, your health and wellbeing, why should you care about her?? Why are you letting her treat you like this? She is 96, she is n...
Thank you, Jenny.
Hi Rebecca, You are very welcome to join this forum. I only joined this summer and this site has really helped me. How old is your friend? Was your friend working/studying before her mum became ill? When a daughter/son is caring for their parent(s) it can so easily take over their lives (as you have...
Hi Anouk, welcome to carersuk. It is very sad to hear about your son. But you are not alone. It's sounds like your son does keep TRYING to get back on track but he's finding things very difficult. How long has he been taking the anti depressants and other prescribed meds? Sometimes taking anti depre...
PS One thing that might cheer your dad up is some TLC. Have you tried giving dad a loving hug or stroke his hand, plus tell him you love him.
Hi Kim, My mum is 88 and moans a lot of the time. Sometimes she cries because she is in pain (osteoarthritis) , plus she can't do what she used to do. I am her full time carer but get little praise or appreciation. Everything I do gets taken for granted. I have 2 older sisters and a brother and when...
Hi Anne-Marie, You have been a marvellous granddaughter caring for your gran for 18 years. The first thing that springs to mind is where is your mum? Is she still around? Your gran has lots of serious health problems and it sounds like she needs full time care. The answer is simple - check out the l...
Dear Samina, you are very welcome on this site. This will be a short reply but I am worried for you. Your Grandad is sexually abusing both you and your sister.THAT IS A CRIME. HE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT ANYMORE. Talk to your sister in private and work out what to do next. I think your Grandad...