[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Wendy. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It is terrible that your husband lost his legs due to diabetes. I hope you don't mind me asking this but did he not know he had diabetes? Do you have carers to help look after your husband? You certainly should be getting lots of support. I'm a fu...
Hi Marilyn, I'm very sorry that you're going through such a difficult time with your husband. It sounds like you're coping really well. I agree with Pet66 - with vascular dementia part(s) of their brain is damaged and this totally changes their behaviour. Try to work out a stategy of coping with his...
Hi Judy, welcome to the forum. I am in a similar position to you. My mum (age 88) still won't have carers so it is all my responsibility. I can only think that my siblings (and yours) think that because we are caring for our mum then everything is done, such as the washing is all clean and put away,...
Hannah - it sounds like you're doing really well. I think the most important thing is to be there for your dad as much as possible. So this may mean taking a lot of time off work. Another important thing to remember is sometimes when a person is near the end they can't always communicate, so it's re...
Hi Katie and welcome. I feel I can relate to some of the things you're going through. Firstly, I am a carer to my elderly parents and increasingly I feel as though I'm having to put my life on 'hold'. I feel I can't do the things I want to do because I should be spending that time (and energy) looki...
Jennifer, haven't heard anymore from you and I just wondered how you are. I hope things are getting better for you and your husband.
Hello Christine, I'm very pleased you've joined this Carersuk site. I am 56 and both my parents are still here but they are very old. I feel like you do - I can't imagine life without my mum and dad. My mum and dad moved to a bungalow very nearby 26 years ago because of my health problems. Now I am ...
You have my sympathy . Family relationships are often fraught. Of course you and your husband deserve to be treated better. I guess that your son and daughter in law have their own problems and having you both to stay was just too much for them to cope with. Please don't take it personally - see it ...
Stop trying to please her all the time. When you're out with her and she gets annoyed just carry on regardless. The more attention you give her the worst she'll be. Just IGNORE her bad behaviour. She won't like this but it will work. When you're in bed and she asks you to leave -STAY PUT. Don't go d...
Hi Kim. You obviously care a great deal for your dad. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with him. I have an elderly dad, age 90, he likes to just sit in his chair all day. My advice would be to stop asking him to come out of his room. Try to give him a few days where he is not under any press...