[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Joanne, thank you for getting back to us.
You sound like a very caring daughter in law.
Sparko has to be installed by Ageuk and will need internet access. It only takes about 20 mins to set it up.
Hi Joanne, It sounds like your mother in law is very lonely (who wouldn't be if we were alone for most of the time!). Contact Ageuk - they now provide Sparko which is an interactive TV channel that can connect people to local activities such as Bingo, chair yoga, art, quizzes etc as well as friends ...
My mental health tip is for those suffering from depression/loneliness.
Talk to someone, tell them how you feel. It can be a family member or a friend or someone from a mental health Team. Ideally talk to someone in person, but the phone is a great way to share your worries.
Talking really does help.
Hello and welcome, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time with your mum. Concentrate on supporting your dad. It sounds like you still have a good relationship with your dad. That will give you comfort and get you through these difficult times. He lives with her all the time whereas ...
Yes, I agree - have the vaccine as soon as possible.
If you spend time with your daughter - watching tv, shopping together etc that still can be included in the 35 hours per week along with the other things you do - in order to claim Carers allowance.
Hi Victoria, Your last sentence sums it up - you're not getting the support you need. You're 28 - you should be enjoying yourself (although obviously the restrictions due to the pandemic have made life more difficult for us all). What I'm saying is that your brother shouldn't be your responsibility!...
Hello Sun, I am listening to you. I understand how you feel. This awful Lockdown has made me feel very depressed too. But as Melly has said - Spring is coming and that will certainly help me. Every day I either go for a walk or go in my garden. The exercise helps but it is the daylight that helps me...
Hi Jenny and welcome, My mum's the same too! She only notices what I DON'T do!! It certainly is frustrating. I sometimes write down the jobs I've done but I've got to the point now where it doesn't matter anymore. I've also noticed a change in my mum's communication. Every conversation is about hers...
Hi Fishface, I understand how you feel. It is very difficult to strike a balance between doing too much for him and doing too little. You come across as being a kind and thoughtful person. I think it's important that he feels he's 'in charge' when you want him to do things that make him feel anxious...
Hello and welcome to the forum, You do seem to have a lot to cope with. And as well as working and caring for your family you have had Lockdown and all that goes with it as well to cope with. I'm sure there are many others out there who feel like you do. I'm sorry I cannot offer you much advice exce...