[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi LilyMay and welcome. I know how stressful and exhausting it is caring for a partner with mental health problems. I've read your post several times and it sounds like your husband has given up on just about everything. What would happen if you were ill or if you weren't there to see to the dog and...
Hi Maine, I'm relieved that your son is better now. The day after I had the vaccination I was vomiting again and again about 15 times in 24 hours with a throbbing migraine. The following days I felt exhausted and for 2 weeks I had a mild headache that kept reoccurring. I'm fine now. I have since fou...
Hi Cassie, I'm very sorry to hear about your daughters problems. I understand she had an operation in November, I hope it was successful. Your daughter might find it easier talking to friends or professionals about her feelings, so don't take it personally if she won't reach out to you. When possibl...
Hello Carol, yes I know how you feel. I care for my 90 year old mum who lives near me. When my sisters come round I feel like I'm Cinderella! Everything they say is about Mum and her needs. It feels like I'm not allowed to have other interests/friends/hobbies. Oh no I'm just there for my mum! Plus t...
Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum. Think about what makes you happy. Listening to music and dancing is what I love so I try to do that sometimes. I've just had a lovely time singing with others as part of the 'Share and learn' sessions provided online by carersuk. Try to incorporate other activitie...
This is terrible -absolutely terrible. No one should suffer like this. I think the vaccine should be halted here in the UK while more tests are carried out.
I do hope your son makes a full recovery.
Thank you Melly and I really hope it goes well for your son on Friday.
A week ago I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine. The next day I had a pounding headache and I was vomiting repeatedly for hours. I felt exhausted and ill all week.
Apparently these are common side effects for 1 in 10 people !!!
A week later I am getting better but still feeling tired.
Cath - your mum is probably a bit depressed due to the Covid restrictions. It is really unfair that your mum has had her group activities taken away from her. Those frequent social events were very important to her and I reckon she misses them very much. Life must seem rather boring stuck at home al...
Hi Cath, Would your mum consider getting a dog? That would certainly get her moving! The dog would need to go for walks every day and would need to be go in and out of the garden.