[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, Denis - lovely to get some positive feedback.
Hello Nicola, I'm sorry you and your family are going through such a very difficult time. I understand from your previous post that your husband has not worked for several months now. This will have lowered his self esteem and made his depression worse. It sounds like he has no purpose anymore and t...
Hi Stuart and welcome. Could you come and stay with them for a month or so before you make any big decisions. This would give you some idea as to what it would be like caring for your parents full time. They are in their late 80s - so it is important to realise that they won't be as capable as they ...
Hi Margot and welcome to the forum. My son (age 28) has similarities to your daughter. He has never been able to hold down any job for more than 3 or 4 days. He is very untidy - his room is always in a mess and he spends hours gaming. When he was in his teens he was diagnosed as having mild Asperger...
Brilliant idea, sunnydisposition. I've signed it today.
Hello Jane and welcome to the forum.
I know what it's like just being with one 'needy' person all day. I guess that you miss being with others.
Have you thought about joining a group/club in your local area? Now that the restrictions are easing there are lots of social events opening up again.
Hi Grant, Sorry to hear that you and your girlfriend are going through a very difficult time. I understand why you are thinking of giving up your job but I certainly would not recommend it. Apart from losing your income it's not much fun being a full time carer. I've been caring for my elderly mum f...
Hi Chloe. First of all - don't try to cope with this alone. Tell family and friends about your partners ongoing depression, especially HIS family and friends. Ask them to phone him and/or visit him. Try not to leave him alone for too long - I realise you're working - can you take some time off work?...
Hello Richard. That is a very sad situation for both of you. This is the only way your wife can deal with her grief.
Has your wife got any other children or close family members?
Marie - if it seems too drastic - stopping his money completely, then you could give him a small set amount each week just enough to keep him going. But you must stick to that amount so that you are not giving him money every time he asks for it. While you keep paying him - he will keep asking for m...