[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all. I will make a note of Way up and I have just had a first look at the Macmillan site. Later on, there is a bereavement group to join at our local cancer support centre but it's good to have something that talks about what might be happening right now.
My loving, gentle, caring husband died after Christmas. (I could not bring myself to post this before, while I waited for all the paperwork to be processed.) This post is just to thank you all, both for your input on this thread and for information elsewhere on the forum. Where else but through a se...
Are these the right instructions? https://cdn.nrshealthcare.co.uk/pdf/G44869_instruction.pdf The picture shows the right way round. My husband's was set one click higher at the back than the front but if your Dad has an Occupational Therapist they should set it up for him - the height should be a go...
This is the page I was thinking of on the Carers UK website

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... nd-support
Hi June How very sensible and how good to hear what sounds like co-operative forward planning. If you are willing and able to look for care and your mother will be paying for her care my experience might help. I found that Social Services had a list of agencies which they emailed to me. I could then...
Hello Lacey May. That is a heavy load. I have only one person to care for. Others here will have more experience but I have found that even if the caree is self-funding Social Services can take on the job of finding a care agency. Have they tried and failed or have they just left it to you to do it ...
Merry Christmas, everyone. Yes, please, to the canapes. I know we already have jokes for the crackers but I have brought some of those novelty racing reindeer toys to go in them as well. After dinner and when we have had enough to drink we might feel competitive enough to try them out. Do we have to...
Thank you, belatedly, for your replies. DH did get reablement and rehabilitation (physio, OT etc). He was making real progress. Social Services then arranged a private company to come in to help with washing/dressing (which is what I wanted: although he will be paying I just don't have the time and ...
Diane, I have come late to this thread, but I am sorry to read everything that has happened to you. I just want to add that bowling bun is right - asking all those questions is what Occupational Therapists do. And you have done exactly right - telling them exactly what your situation is, tears and a...
Hi Thomas. That is a hard place to be. I’m going to relate what we use here, although I recognise that most you will be doing and some will not be relevant to you - apologies if it is not helpful. My husband has dysphasia following a brain tumour and treatment. He can talk fluently about abstract th...