<t>It`s hard,and like you say,it can seem thankless at times.There is no one answer for everyone,but i can tell you what works for me.I make sure that any free time i have,be it ten minutes or an afternoon,i use to cheer me up.Ten minutes on Carers UK is time to reflect and maybe smile.I have my cat...
The part that i find annoying is being given advice on coping by people who have never had to.I often say i`m fine,ok,allright,just to avoid illogical advice.That`s why Carers UK is so helpfull,i can get knowledgable opinions and if i want to let off steam then you lot can cop it!!!
<t>I think the poll is interesting,and it would be even more interesting to know why we care.Duty,love,family pressure,guilt,lack of anybody else.In my case it`s because having worked in the care world i have yet to find a home i would want anybody i care for living there,and because i am confident ...
I`ll see what i can do,though it wouldn`t be a pretty sight!!
Thankyou,still getting used to the forum__makes it sound like something roman.Should i wear a tunic?? Image
Hello,my name is Mike and i`m happy to have found Carers UK.I recently gave up full time work to care for my parents.Having been a support worker for 25yrs i felt this a natural move to make,though my experience was in different fields.My mother has been disabled for over 10years,osteo-arthritis,and...