[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
He seemed pretty chilled just before it happened it seemed to come from out of the blue. As far as I know there aren't any stresses apart from his illness which I know is stressful in itself . I'm just worn down from working full time very little sleep and absolutely no time for myself
Don't know if other people have experienced this . On Sunday my schizophrenic son out of the blue started punching himself in the face and hitting his head on the wall. When I spoke to him he looked at me as if he had never seen me before as if he was seeing someone or something that both frightened...
Thank you for all your kind comments it does help to know there are people out there. Just an update my son carried on ranting for quite some time it wasn't an option to call his dad as he doesn't want his dad to know all this as he is an alcoholic and my son fears he will turn to drink again I have...
If I walk away he follows me I've been trying for half an hour to make myself a coffee! Thank you for your replies it's making me feel not quite so alone
My schizophrenic son is ranting and being verbally aggressive I'm in bits and don't know how to deal with it. His dad who he doesn't see very often took him out for a drink and apparently they had a lovely time. He came home and straight away was ranting at me that I've apparently emotionally neglec...
Sounds like you had a really bad experience and should not have happened or been covered up. However I'm a trained nurse myself and neither myself or my colleagues could be accused of not caring. We never have a break and work way over our time because we care and want our patients to be well looked...
I think it's a common theme with mental health conditions , the person takes the meds and begins to feel much better so much so that they feel they no longer need the meds . My son used to have cycles of taking his meds feeling better stopped taking the meds going into a crisis and going back on the...
I feel for you as this is exactly what happened with my son. He asked to be discharged from early intervention and was deemed to have capacity so I felt helpless. We were basically left with a psychiatrist appt once every 3 months and a phone number for the crisis Team. The good news is that after n...
Hi Cathy and welcome. I am in a similar situation to you I am a carer for my schizophrenic son and I work full time as a registered nurse. I have been lucky so far in that my employers have been understanding when I have had to take carers leave or go home early because of a crisis. Jenny Is spot on...
Hi and welcome . It sounds as if you have been through a pretty tough time and I think you deserve all credit for taking on the role of carer. I know he has been through a rough time too but it seems like you have been left looking after him as well as your child with very little in the way of suppo...