[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi just an update. Had a long talk with my son when he calmed down and explained that although he is struggling with his voices it's not acceptable to make me feel bad when I'm trying to help. He has apologised and is much calmer. Also had a talk with hubby and explained that asking my son to leave ...
Thanks for listening I feel physically safe but emotionally drained. I was so upset at the things he was saying I rang my brother to collect me. Now I'm back home and trying to cook tea at this time with my son crying and saying I don't care because I didn't come home from my brothers the minute he ...
Sorry people I don't particularly need advice I just need to rant. My son is pacing up and down stressing at the voices he can hear in his head. I have offered to talk to take him to hospital and to phone the crisis Team all of which he has refused. He has now taken to verbally attacking me it's all...
I have been trying to access talking therapy for my son Stephen as it's been proven to help. He waited 8 months for an initial assessment then was discharged as he was back under secondary care! I'm beyond angry and I'm making an official complaint. The hearing voices group sounds good but I don't t...
Thank you Stephen hearing about others experiences make it less scary somehow. The voices my son hears always seem to be evil and malevolent and he has become increasingly stressed and angry. I totally understand why as he can't walk away from it and I'm sure any of us would find this difficult. Wha...
My heart goes out to you Mel as I understand what you are going through. I have spent a lot of time trying to get mental health services to understand just how bad this is and have totally lost faith in the crisis Team. One thing that helps our family is we separate the 2 areas of our lives. There i...
Hi and welcome. I am in a similar situation to you except my son is schizoprenic and has been like this since he was 17 he is now 23. I too am frightened sometimes he is unpredictable and is prone to verbally violent outbursts . I have had to contact the police on occasion and I also fear for the fu...
Thank you alex for understanding how traumatic this is for us. I always feel the health professionals we deal with play his symptoms down as they see this all the time and probably people who are worse. I get this but it makes me feel they are belittling what we are going through and that's hard to ...
Unfortunately this happens all too often and it makes me wonder how bad someone has to be before they act . My son also hears voices and is suicidal but after doing a course on caring for someone with psychosis and scizophrenia I now have more confidence. It's absolutely right to call the police and...
Thank you for your replies and kind thoughts . Pet I was wondering myself if he had a flashback but he isn't communicating at the moment so I don't know but I suppose it's a possibility . Mezz I have had a lot of carers leave and sick leave due to my son and although work are understanding and sympa...