My son is 23 and is schizophrenic. That sounds really dishonest to cheat vulnerable people out of money that is rightfully theirs. My son has no idea about money and budgeting but he lives with me at the moment so I'm there to help. It worries me for the future as I think he will always need assista...
Thanks bowling bun I'll try that and thanks for explaining I'm not used to the benefit system !
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can advise me regarding pip payments. My son currently recieves esa every fortnight but his care co ordinator has arranged for him to apply for pip as well. My son isn't keen to go ahead as he has heard that if he receives pip then the esa wI'll either stop or b...
Thank you both for your replies and kind thoughts. I know two triggers are lack of sleep and drinking alcohol the night before. He is fine when he is still feeling the effects of alcohol but it's the next day that's the problem. Either one of these can be a trigger but both together seems to be a le...
Hi I usually posy in the mental health forum as my son is schizophrenic but he also has aspergers and I'm looking for some advice. My son is becoming increasingly stressed and screaming at me until I give an answer he is looking for which leaves me shaking and I actually had a severe asthma attack b...
Hi Sienna and welcome. I don't think you're at all selfish I think you're incredible running a business , bringing up your children and caring for your husband. I know exactly how you feel I care for my schizophrenic son and I feeI have lost him to his illness . I grieve for the life he could have h...
Sometimes it helps to put it all down and kind words do help I know that no one has a magic wand but just knowing that there is somewhere to vent my feelings helps a lot I no longer feel alone and that helps a lot
Those are good ideas elaine thank you. We are having another care assessment in the new year but in the meantime I feel abandoned. We had a further episode last night he was stressed with the voices and was screaming into my face I rang the police who were wonderful and took him to hospital and got ...
Thanks for the hugs and kind words . I would love to be able to get a private consultation for him but I'm only just managing as it is . When my son was discharged the home treatment team were supposed to come the following day but they cancelled with no explanation or any other appt . He is seeing ...
Hi this is an update from my last post when my schizophrenic son was admitted to hospital after making a serious attempt to end his life. He was in hospital for just under 2 weeks while they switched to his new meds and I was hopeful that he would be improved when he came out. How wrong can I be. Du...