[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello and welcome, I'm sure you'll get a lot of support on here, you will be listened to if nothing else, and that's important. Take care. Image
A week, when someone is in crisis, is too long a wait. Unfortunately you have to be a bit of a 'heavy' in order to be heard. You will have to push for a quick response and then care. I hope you are getting support too, it's wearing you out by the sound of things. I hope things get sorted and soon, b...
Nilla I know what you mean, It's getting harder. You sound as though you could do with just one day devoted to you. Something good will turn up, eventually ! I had a 'day out', yesterday which entailed my O/H's hospital appointment in the morning, and then we walked into Truro Town, sat outside the ...
<t>You need rest too, you can't carry on at this level. Have you got support? Sounds like you need it, and if you haven't you need to speak to someone. As Rosemary says, we do tend to put our needs on hold. At the moment I have got the form that may mean a reduction in our council tax, 25% but that'...
Insightful Norms, thanks for that. My O/H has brain damage, and before diagnosis I thought him to be suffering with a stroke, and I likened his symptoms to dementia. It must be so hard for you sometimes, and it is more than beneficial to see things from the caree's point of view, it puts things into...
<t>Hope all is a little calmer now. Yes it was lovely of the ambulance man to give you that kind warning, common sense prevails, though keep him anonymous, so often people wont speak out or give that information for fear of repercussion. Take care and I am wishing you all the best in getting answers...
I forgot, until a few weeks ago, just how much I'd missed my garden - I used to moan about the size of it, and how it was only 'me' that tended it. Now I'm back home I'm loving weeding, clearing, sweeping, pruning and just getting 'lost' in it. It's magical. I also like 'Corrie', a bit of escapism, ...
<t>I live in fear of having to give up my 30 hours per week; I work at the local high school three minutes walk away, so no need for a car! Only afternoons clearing up after school breaks and lunches, then onto the DT dept to clean, the hours are 11.30 am to 6 pm so it suits my caring roll brilliant...
Hello Brian,

Time on your hands? It's a funny feeling. Hope you enjoy your walks with your canine companion Image , the summer evenings are just perfect for that. I don't have a dog at the moment, but have been thinking about it, watch this space!
<t>Hello Leon,<br/> <br/> I'm afraid to say I was less than happy with the 'care and treatment' within the mental health service here in Cornwall. There has been a bit of a dispute, and the upshot is my complaints have been upheld by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. There is also on-g...