Thanks for that positive report Redbridge.
It shows the system can work.
Let's hope such good practice is spread out to all other areas and assessors soon
I am being advised to step back from my boy and do much less for him (not sure it will work btw). What would happen if you stepped back? Is the fact you are involved and supporting enabling Crisis team to deprioritise him perhaps?. Would he be more likely to call them if he couldnt call you? Just rh...
Hi freetoleave
I can't help 're the chc , but would suggest you contact your local hospice who may be able to help, or at least offer better information

Xx
MrsA
Hi Lilac My heart goes out to you as I fear I may be in the same situation in 10 years time and I know only too well the feelings you describe. Can I just reflect to you something that sticks out from your post? You say he would be horrified if anyone thinks he has mental illness, yet he is on antip...
Hi Nicola Just to say it's not my area of expertise but I didn't wan t you to feel alone. It is probably too late tonight for most posters. Are your parents self funding or do council pay? If it's the latter I should imagine they will sort something out. It might just be they are using your parents ...
I'd also check on the webpages for the actual unit, there may be something on there. There are on other similar units pages.
Hopefully Rosemary, it will be the organisation/company/management above the individual carers who will be in trouble, not the individuals themselves. If you are happy with the individuals you could always give them your number and say if anything should happen, that they could contact you to say wh...
27th December 2017 is NOT a bank holiday
The government says so
https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays
even if the DWP in the above article says it is. They are fudging the issue that a major public service is closed on a normal working day
Rosemary I think you are within rights to withhold payments until this issue is sorted out. That doesn't mean sacking the company, just putting things in place to get Mum the help she needs and is paying for. It is important to have a copy of the contract in case that 30 minutes included , say, 10 m...
Hi Marianne It's an absolute scandal that young people with mental health issues are shipped hundreds of miles across country . I also believe it's abysmal how there is no support, and little involvement of the parents. I have relative with Aspergers who has been moved and hospitalised several times...