[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Janet Sorry for late reply but I have been away. Is the Home really so good? Doesn't sound like it to me. Although a move may be somewhat disturbing you might find there is another that suits him better. Check out the contract with the current one, then go looking at others. Or raise your concern...
Local council is always cheaper than the national/advertised ones
I'm in 2 minds about a sentence was just 3 years
The charge was gross negligence manslaughter, so no intention or foresight of consequences so is it too light or too strong?
She will serve probably only a third...
I think its worth trying the ""it's either home or into a nice Home" option. Those are her two choices. If she is too anxious to live alone in her own house, than you look for a nice hotel-like residential Home for her where she will have company, activities and support. Given these 2 (and no other)...
Ruth It is sad when families don't pull together, whether that through fear, selfishness or any other reason, but that doesn't mean you are all alone . There are many of us in here who can listen and help. The first thing I think you need to do is realise that you can cope, your love for Dad shines ...
Hi Sarah It's not surprising you have low self esteem and depression if someone is constantly telling you you are wrong and bullying you. It sounds to me like you are doing a good job with Dad so I would suspect that sis is actually jealous of you. She probably sees you as the preferred one, the mor...
Me time is very important.
Sometimes just 5 minutes of quality me time helps

Glad you have found a way to enjoy yours Linda
Call Socail Service emergency out of hours line.explain Mum needs help while She isin her own home, now and with the boot and the dementia. Use the words "unsafe discharge" over and over again.Tell them you are going back to Canada on a date about a week away (even if it's fib) That's short term Mea...
I agree that creating their own pizza is the best way. Buy several small or medium bases then have a selection of toppings for them to add themselves Cheese Jar of tomato pasta sauce for spreading as the base Ham Chicken Sweet corn Pepperoni Peppers A few olives Some herbs for sprinkling, perhaps so...
First thing I see on the page is: Social care charges and pet care costs Gonna give it a read but the title sounds like one of my daughters Disney titles, im wondering does the princess of Social Care wave a wond at pet care costs and like magic the frog transforms into a wonderful world of welbein...