Thank you to everyone who replied, I'm overwhelmed by your kindness. Mum and I jointly own the house and she had over 23k in savings so would be self funding for care. I would not qualify for an automatic disregard and I think discretion is unlikely so the house will have to be sold. With no job I ...
Grass will bounce back no matter how Brown. Don't bother watering it unless you have oodles of time and money and want it green.
Personally I'm happy to watch it brown from a chair with a chilled glass in hand 8-)
Hi Debra
Just to say I am listening.
I don't have much experience but rather than offering suggestions to him, can you not ask him what he needs or wants you to do?
Rant away, that's why we are here
Xx
MrsA
Hi Emma A well used trick to get people to accept help ( be it carers, adaptations, respite for a carer etc) is to say the help is for the carer not the caree. I.e the dishwasher is to help Dad not because Mum needs it. A scooter for her is to save Dad time taking her places etc etc. MS sèems a part...
(((hugs)))
Hi Meggem I care for my adult son who has mental health problems and I too withdraw from friends. It's a combination of not wanting to admit anything's wrong and of not wanting to have to explain about it, plus I just don't have the energy. What I do find helps me is to have a couple of activities w...
I bet Mum feels sad and frustrated too :D Mine certainly does. Her pet hate is having to learn patience at 93. She's never had it before :D :D Seriously tho I've found to alter my mindset , to look on now as the new normal and just be in the present is more helpful and less sad than wanting the past...
I've been recommended that mindfulness book too. Must get round to getting it. I'm currently on The Burgess boys by Elizabeth Strout. Some interesting themes developing but its such small print its taking me ages. :( I must admit to trying my first Lisa Jewell while away recently and it fitted the b...
It sounds as though it's set up as a us keyboard rather than a uk one. Hunt through settings to see where it can be changed
I ditto bowlingbuns wise advice. Self employment not good for stress at all. Better by far to downsize and reduce expenditure and find nice easy local job and learn to enjoy downtime.