[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Chris, The big problem we have is finding a suitable house. We own our home, but it’s not suitable. I sleep in the front room and can’t access the bathroom/shower. I blogged about it. The OT suggests we get a council house as we can’t afford the type of house we need. This house would not sell f...
Hi Mike I'm not so good with the emotional side of things, but am sure there's some support group or charity somewhere for people facing losing someone early. Where I can be of help, I hope, is on the financial side. It may well worth your wife, and to some extent you, looking at any workplace benef...
Faye I think you need to tell the lady that he is dying and probably won't have long. If that isn't enough to make her have some compassion then she is heartless enough not to deserve any sympathy or attention. If the landlord continues to try to evict him you have a good case for disability discrim...
Some areas do offer Carers bus passes but they can only be used when accompaying the caree. Ie whe you are performjng your caring role. Whe you are not with your caree you become 'normal'. Its not linked to income but to the duties being performed
That's a good idea. When we went to see my Mum at the weekend on that very hot Saturday, when we arrived she was in a bit of a state saying she had chest pains. We called the staff who took one look at her water jug and said she needed to drink some water. Once we'd got 2 glasses into her (and a lot...
Hi Tamzin Many of us know the problems of the stubborn moany elderly, it is very common indeed. Sadly it is Dad's illnesses that means he needs residential care. As you say you have tried care at home and that isnt enough and isn't sustainable. He's constants calling and monitoring of meds does soun...
Hi Blue and welcome I see you've already contributed some very helpful posts. That's how it all works, give and learn! When I first joined the forum it was mainly for support with my young adult son, but time moves on and now my (step) Mum has dementia and I am trying to apply what I have picked up ...
Think going to an ASD club should come under his assessed social needs. Make sure it is written into his care plan as such and you should get specific funding for it, and anything else that he is assessed as eligible for. As I understand it Disabilty Related Expenses are items of expenditure that ar...
I did register as a carer at my local GP surgery. All I did was fill in their form and I think its for the surgery use only, not passed to Social Services. They did send my details to the local carers support group, but that was before this GDPR lark. I don't think they'd be allowed to do that now. ...
As long as the agency agrees, I can't see it being a problem. You might want to re-read the contract with them just to see if there's anything against in there. I assume Mum is self funding? If she is re-read contract about termination and notice, then you can start to seek a new agency for the futu...