Wayne You also need to factor in that there have been recent changes to mortgage interest relief (not sure if that's the right words Gulag Chris may have a link) that means it is issued in the form of a loan or extra charge against the house Sorry but I didn't pay too much attention when the change ...
Hi Sandy Ironically enough you may find it easier to find someone or a charity to walk the 2 dogs than look after the humans, but at least it will be one less chore. Having 'outsiders' walk the dog' may help by being the first step to getting them to accept outside help in other forms (I have a pair...
Hi Pat There is a difference between supporting someone and enabling them. Supporting is providing the means for them to move themselves forward. Enabling means doing so many things for them that it enables them to stay where they are, mentally and physically. Think back she she was a toddler, you s...
Oscar None of this is your responsibility. By becoming involved you have let who should have responsibility off the hook. You are being used. You need to back off totally, and get your health and life sorted. Your family comes before anyone else. If you feel the baby isn't being cared for then you r...
PFI s were wrong from day one. Any one who had half a brain and could add up could have seen it.
I have no time for any politician or civil servant crying wolf now.
We should all be crying "Shame on you"
Thank you for all the posts, they are reassuring. My mum is not mobile since her pelvis fracture so taking her out is not an option. Also the effects of morphine have caused delirium which at its worst was horrendous, she is a little calmer now, lucid at times but them doesn't even realise she is i...
Here is the latest edition of The Goth a magazine produced by and for people on the Aspergers and Autism spectrum This edition has contributions from a particulalry wide age range and is enlightening, thought provking and well worth a read, even for those not directly connected to the Aspie world. N...
Hi Sandy It seems to me that now is the ideal time to start having some counselling to help you understand what you have been though, and to move forward. . A charity called Cruse is good for bereavement counselling https://www.cruse.org.uk Or you can self refer by googling CBT and your area, but se...
Thanks Jenny.
Am currently laid up in bed with lurgy second episode so slightly surprised I made sense at all (but still laughed out loud that spell checker had me 'in bed with lusty second episode' :lol: :lol: :lol: