[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
How is your Mum now Worrywart?
Good news. Following my email to SW Practitioner where I mentioned the Care Act, she turned up this morning and we have got Supported Activities and Mileage reinstated. No arguments, no grovelling, it just happened. Huge relief!
My daughter finally got a care plan drawn up but we are not happy with it after a nearly 6 year wait for an “Annual” Review. They have cut all money for Supported Activities and also scrapped the Travelling allowance. I have just been trying to read up about this and as far as I can see, they cannot...
Sharon. Moan away. I feel like a moan tonight too. Today has not been good. 27 years is a long time to Have to cope with this.
My adult daughter has learning difficulties and is on the autistic spectrum. She has been engaged for 3 years to a guy who is a few years older than her and who also has special needs and went to a special school. I think he is undiagnosed autistic. He can drive and has a car so they do get out and ...
Thank you all very much for your comments. Still weighing things up.
My Mum was a great cook and never ate any convenience foods. However when she got into her 90s she had days when she was so tired she could hardly stand let alone cook. A couple of days a week she went to a luncheon club and weekends she was at mine so I knew she was eating well at least 4 days a we...
My Mum never looks comfy in either of her two easy chairs. She lives in a care home and has poor mobility and Alzheimers. She has a lovely rise and recline chair which we bought when she lived at home but within weeks of buying it she had forgotten how to operate it and was trying to climb off it wi...
In a cafe today I met a couple who had a big cat sitting on the table. From a distance it looked real. Turns out it is a “dementia cat” so the lady tells me and her husband, who has dementia is its proud owner. it purrs, closes its eyes rolls over, lifts its paws etc. They cost about £120 but the wi...
Ok be gentle 🙏 Brief background - mother had brain haemorrhage in 2012, I gave up work to care for her in 2012. I had surgery in 2015 which went catastrophically wrong leaving me with 3 stoma bags, mother went into a home in 2015. She owns a small terraced house, The property was disregarded was 12...