[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well, after 5 days he hadn’t heard anything so I told him to ring 119 and they said he tested negative. The people at the test centre told him he should self isolate until he got his results so he stayed off work for 5 days. We then read that you should self isolate for 10 days in total so he took 3...
Hello Nigs88. My name is Peter and my experience is almost identical to your so I thought we might be able to share some feelings or just chat if it’s any help . My post are on “Dementia journey “ and I write on here most days really just to get stuff off my chest. I’m finding it very difficult to ...
Peter, I haven’t been on for a couple of weeks so have been catching up with your posts. You mention children - are you sharing your feelings with them? also, there is someone on another thread called Nigs and his wife has recently gone into a care home and he’s feeling low too. maybe the two of you...
Sounds to me like you did the right thing Nigs. If she is settled and you like the home and you can see her when you like then it’s a good move. One thing is for certain, none of us is getting any younger and if you fall ill or can’t cope for any reason then it would be a mad rush to find somewhere ...
It’s all very confusing. Hubby and I are both 67 and haven’t been offered the jab. We are carers for our LD adult daughter who also hasn’t been called yet. However, her PA is getting her jab this week because she works with my daughter, but she is currently not working as there is nowhere open for t...
Sorry to hear he has tested positive, not surprising since his mum has too. He now has to self isolate for 10 days (or longer if he develops symptoms.) Will his work continue to pay him? Melly1 No, he hasn’t tested positive Melly. he was tested today but should get result in the next couple of days...
Peter - get yourself a copy of that book I recommended. The Little Girl in The Radiator by Martin Slevin. I recommended it to a friend whose Mum has dementia and she emailed me to thank me and said it has taught her so much. She got her copy on ebay. I think you and Martin Slevin would be on the sam...
Thank you Melly. yes I do help him out. He really needs loads of support so I have sorted out all his debts and he doesn’t owe any money now. I do all his UC for him and any other paperwork. He can barely read to be honest and as so much is done online nowadays I have to help him. yes he does live a...
Not sure where “out there” I can ask a covid question. My daughter’s boyfriend’s stepdad has covid and is in hospital. This afternoon he received a call from family to say he is not expected to live more than a few hours. his wife has also had it but has (apparently) now been given the all clear. Sh...
Worrywart ... you need to look at the site “Care To Be Different”. Loads of free advice on there. Advice on there enabled me to get Fast Track Continuing Health care for my Mum for the last couple of months of her life. I emailed them and thanked them. PS. I left you a message on another thread abou...