[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Pam - it must be such a relief for you, knowing that she's happy and well cared for. http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Like I said, all so very different. My daughter is physically fine and does everything herself but she needs reminding to take a shower/wash hair/wear appropriate clothe...
<t>Blood pressure very good - normal<br/> Diabetes test - no probs<br/> Cholesterol - better than a year ago. My risk of having a heart attack/stroke is now down to 12% (22% last year). My HDL (good cholesterol) is much better than a year ago, which must be down to my healthier eating/lifestyle. <br...
It's completely free at the G.P. had mine done last week a very worrying 6.9 cholestrol, nothing to do with caring.
Vicky
I know Vicky but when I go there they try and get me on statins. Image The pharmacy was less hurried and more thorough.
I think this just highlights how vastly different all our "carees" are and how very different all their needs are. It also illustrates how we really are the best people to "know" them. I remember taking my daughter to speech therapy when she was about 4. I said to the ST that DD hated me out of her ...
Hi - can't stop but Lloyds Pharmacy are doing this free check for carers (usually £15) which I saw advertised on this site.

I'm off for mine later this afto.
Mand - I am really interested in reading about your daughter and her diagnosis. My daughter is also in her 20's (she looks much younger too) and I have always felt that she is on the autistic spectrum. We were very close to having her tested a few months ago, but that's all gone by the by now and I'...
Then maybe two tiers is the answer, might have already been suggested but there are many who are caring for people, children and adults who have no basic living skills at all and cannot be left alone for a minute who will never be able to go to work. In this instance the carers allowance would need...
<t>Very, very sad story and such a beautiful family. The word "selfish" always puzzles me when people are discussing suicide. A lovely friend of mine committed suicide last month and she had adult children and grandchildren who she adored. She had also been a carer. <br/> <br/> I think when a person...
Hi everyone - I haven't been on here for AGES, for one reason & another, but this is such an interesting thread. I became a carer about 10 years ago (for daughter with special needs) and work just a few hours a week now. She is now in her 20's and would love a job but nothing as yet. Shaw Trust, Job...
I don't know about Shopmobility George - will look into that, thanks. http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif All the council sites in my area DO charge - where we went yesterday there was a sign which read "Please note Blue Badge holders are NOT exempt" but it was brill because we parked imme...