Hi - haven't been on for a while but I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction please. We have a daughter with learning difficulties (in her twenties) who lives at home. She gets her DLA and Incapacity Benefit but would like a little job really and lately keeps on about getting her ...
<t>Wasn't this a terribly sad headline today? I felt physically sick. This poor Mum and her disabled teenage daughter found dead in their burnt out car in Leics. <br/> <br/> The news channels are saying that it appears she murdered her daughter and killed herself because of the dreadful abuse and to...
Thank you all for your kind words. Still feeling pretty c**p but will come back when I'm feeling more like it. Thanks for just being there xxxxxxxxx
Has anybody felt so rotten that they just want to run away and hide? I am a carer for my daughter (in her twenties) learning difficulties & very moody and hard to please. Also forever saying she doesn't like me and doesn't want to do anything much with me but then accuses me of having no interest in...
<t>My friend fostered for many years - mainly teenagers and while it was hard work she was very well paid for it. I believe she was getting about £400 a week for each child. When she took in pregnant girls or girls with babies she got quite a bit more. I think the most she had at once was 6. She ...
<t>I saw this on the news and it IS disgraceful. There was a similar thing at a local council in our area recently - the woman Chief Exec. was on a massive salary and when some dubious dealings went on there, she went on sick leave for months & months on full pay. So she's on sick leave but clea...
Well, I love painting (watercolours mainly) and it is a real treat to go off in the car (alone!) and find somewhere with a good view and just paint! The other weekend there was a load of tension and shouting in our house (24 year old DD with learning difficulties and loves playing one off against th...
Aw Roo - what can I say? That all sounds awful. If I were you I would report her to the agency she now works for and also the agency she used to work for. I hope someone gives you more advice than I can though!
I know several people who have them and they all seem really pleased with them.
Hi Erin - I know someone who has had this op and it is a BIG operation (I think she was about 4 hours under anaesthetic) and takes several weeks to get over. The lady I know had about 2lbs (what's that in metric?? http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif ) taken off each breast & they also h...