[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Penny, it has taken a over a month and 17 messages from me, re-entering information, resubmitting the same information, receiving a letter for S saying he hasn't declared something (that hadn't even happened) and that he owed money (he didn't) dealing with a a letter to him posted on his journal...
This is a tricky one Simon! It must be so hard on your brother. Many years ago a friend of mine was in a serious car crash and was left paraplegic. Her husband has been an absolute diamond but it has taken over his whole life caring for her and he is now very thin and very stooped from years of carr...
Your Mum drives now and goes out shopping. If it were my Mum I would arrange a Mum/daughter trip and buy some new bits and pieces for the house like bedding, towels, kitchen stuff etc and just say that you find her house depressing and untidy and you don’t want to take her grandchildren there. This ...
Yes you are wrong in your assumption. A diagnosis of dementia does definitely NOT get you free care.
You say she has been assessed and does not have dementia. Who assessed her? A proper assessment on my Mum took about an hour and a half and was completed by a psychologist. It does sound to me like she has dementia. If she is adamant that she doesn’t want to go into a care home and she can afford it...
A lot of the OPG time is taken up by malicious, lying relatives. My brother reported me to them when I had done absolutely nothing wrong. It was pure spite and jealousy. Every single penny of my Mum’s money could be accounted for and the only money going out was for her care home fees and only money...
I agree with Karen. You need to apologise because things will only escalate further. I speak from personal experience. This may or may not work but at least you will have tried. No physical stuff involved but my brother and his wife turned against me years ago for no reason and now we are in a posit...
We currently have a student social worker involved and she thinks she knows it all. She is trying to tell me what to do and what my daughter can and can’t have from her Direct payments. i have been so stressed in recent weeks that I haven’t the strength to argue with her but I will do as soon as I f...
I had to sell my Mum’s house too to pay her care home fees. I still can’t look at the photos of her house and garden on the day I locked it up for good. It was just an ex council house which they rented for over 30 years before finally managing to buy it in 1986 under the right to buy scheme. They l...
Finally managed to verify everything this morning with help of my son. It involved downloading an app. Then taking photo of passport picture and uploading a selfie. None of which I could have done and daughter certainly couldn’t. Final hurdle is a phone appointment tomorrow morning. You can’t ring l...