bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:01 pm
Have a look at the CHC Framework. It's the most unfair postcode lottery I'm afraid. No chance of getting it down here, other places you are 800% more likely to get it!!!
Will do Bowlingbun, thanks.
Apparently my mum is not eligible for this I was told today. She has Alzheimer's, she has a stoma, arthritis in her spine, she can't stand unsupported, she has had a seizure and is on medication for that, she has a replacement knee, she has mild depression and she is currently in hospital where she'...
I feel so sorry for you Lars and this shouldn't be happening. My friends late Dad had bad Alzheimer's but lived alone in a flat where a warden popped in from time to time. He had carers going in twice a day and they literally pinched anything that wasn't nailed down. She was on the verge of having c...
Lars .... my hubby suggested putting a secret camera in Mums room and I was considering this when things escalated. I think it's disgraceful that we have to be made to feel like this and consider covert filming. I felt quite comfortable with Mums carers but she did say that some girls were great and...
Lars .... you kindly replied to my post yesterday about my Mum and I have to say I agree with you about your title "the system is rotten and fails the elderly." Over the last couple of years I have spoken to scores of people who have had bad experiences with either agency workers but more particular...
Thanks bowlingbun, I have been pleasantly surprised how "cheap" care homes we have enquired about actually are when you take in everything you get. I know they sound expensive but when you think its 24 hour care, food, drinks,cooking, heating, lighting, hot water, water rates, TV licence, maintenan...
I have her name down for a place at a nursing home rather than a care home now because I think that will suit her better. They have no places and i haven't actually found a home that does have places around here. Has the hospital mentioned anything too about your mam possibly being in a nursing hom...
Penny, you tell them to contact Social Services. Self funding or not, she is ultimately their responsibility, NOT YOURS. Make a real effort not to get drawn into discussion, other than repeating "Contact Social Services" like a parrot. We have had such an awful few months with selling Mums house an...
Penny, I went through a similar situation with my own mum. In my area, the New Forest, we have some good nursing homes, but it's also got one of the highest percentages of elderly in the country. Our LA has a section on it's website showing all availability of beds in the area, often NONE. So whils...
Penny, you tell them to contact Social Services. Self funding or not, she is ultimately their responsibility, NOT YOURS. Make a real effort not to get drawn into discussion, other than repeating "Contact Social Services" like a parrot. Am I right in thinking you worked in the area of finding beds B...