Well Mums still in hospital and medically fit apparently. The CHS woman visited us at the hospital today to say their contract with the hospital ends tomorrow so they will have no further involvement with us. That was shortlived for us. It's down to the discharge team now. She is going to see if the...
bowlingbun wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 pm
So has mum been deemed to have "complex needs"?
Haven't got a clue Bowlingbun. Haven't seen anybody on my hospital visit today. Weekends are always quiet.
I picked up a leaflet in the hospital today about changes to CHC assessments. In our area they say these assessments will no longer be carried out in a hospital but in the community once the patient has settled and reached their optimal recovery. This is because the process often resulted in delays ...
Yes ... that is a dilema .... the NHS ( owned by the taxpayers ) recommending a private emterprise .... ? Be sure to explore ALL options as choice may be limited to ones connected to that private enterprise and , by definition , may not be the correct solution. After all , a private enterprise gain...
I'm reading all your replies. They are based in NHS hospitals and are funded by the NHS. Surely the NHS know what they're doing when they took them on? It's either do it myself (and I've already looked at loads) or the NHS tell me to use them. They say as mum is self funding it's nothing to do with ...
Penny, although I appreciate CHC funding is a postcode lottery, I can tell you that my MIL in the westcountry is a lot less 'medically bad' than your poor mum, and she still gets CHC. BUT, she is in a care home that (a) is also a nursing home and (b) has many LA-funded residents. So, I'm wondering ...
I'd never heard of that either so googled it and found this https://www.chshealthcare.co.uk/services/hospital-discharge-schemes/care-home-selection-service/ Yes, these are the people Henrietta. The woman was very pleasant and helpful with me so I wait to see what they will come up with. By coincide...
Penny, you tell them to contact Social Services. Self funding or not, she is ultimately their responsibility, NOT YOURS. Make a real effort not to get drawn into discussion, other than repeating "Contact Social Services" like a parrot. Bowlingbun - the discharge team have put me in touch with Care ...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 pm
Have a look at the CHC Framework. It's the most unfair postcode lottery I'm afraid. No chance of getting it down here, other places you are 800% more likely to get it!!!
Will do Bowlingbun, thanks.
Apparently my mum is not eligible for this I was told today. She has Alzheimer's, she has a stoma, arthritis in her spine, she can't stand unsupported, she has had a seizure and is on medication for that, she has a replacement knee, she has mild depression and she is currently in hospital where she'...