I have POA for my Mum for both Health & Welfare and Property & Finance. When she was first diagnosed with Alzheimers the consultant recommended we did so and I am so glad we did. I have had to use the papers countless times.
Colonoscopy will be a doddle! I’ve had several and theres nothing to worry about.
I was thinking that maybe the chiropodist/podiatrist was not qualified but now I see you clearly said NHS. The NHS will only employ qualified chiropodists so thats just not good enough for your Nan and I would complain. There are people galore who are Foothealth Practitioners who are NOT qualified c...
i dont want to get into a political argument as they usually get closed down anyway BUT can I remind people that it was the Labour Govt who first started forcing people to sell their homes when they went into care, just as it was Labour who decided to charge people for hospital parking, just as it w...
When my Mum had home carers I had to show POA documents to the agency but Inhavent had to do so now she’s in care.
thanks for all the replies. I still dont know WHO is supposed to look after the caree when you are no longer their “carer”.
I’m not too far off getting my state pension but currently get Carers Allowance for looking after my special needs daughter.

Just been reading that once you get your pension you cant get carers allowance.

I will still be caring for her so how does that work?
Linda - quite honestly, care homes do what they want to suit them. My Mum was being put to bed at similar times and then if she woke in the night and needed help she was told off! Who can sleep from about 7pm to the next morning, having also had a sleep in the afternoon? When Mum went into care we h...
When mum had carers at home some of them were smokers and she hated it as it clung to their clothes. She has never smoked and really disliked it. We just put up with it though and didn't say anything. I was in our local hospital recently and got into a lift with a couple of uniformed nurses and they...
As far as I know there are no timescales. Some areas really struggle to find care workers. My mum lived in a rural area on the coast and we waited months to get home carers which we were paying for. I rang so many agencies with no joy. We were told that if you're in a town or not too far flung then ...