[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well that’s another job gone today! He has failed his 6 month probationary period and just about all the reasons given sound typical of problems an autistic person has. I am cross because one reason was “Inability to follow written or verbal instructions” yet we said on the application form he was d...
as you say he seems to be settling which is good. I would make a list of all the things that are concerning you and make sure you address all of them with the Deputy Manager. It sounds to me like they have some inexperienced staff there if they don’t even know how to put a mattress topper on. They d...
Hello Adam

Care to Be Different is the best source of info and advice. I managed to get NHS CHC fast tracked for the last few months of my Mum’s life.
https://caretobedifferent.co.uk/

Let me know what you think!
Thank you so much Penny. Do you mind me asking what her GP may be able to do? I'm completely clueless as to what help is available. I didn't expect to be dealing with this with mum still being so young xx For a start you will be able to tell the GP what you have told us and how worried you are abou...
Hi Laura, I just lost everything I wrote to you! Second go ….. Your Mum is no age and it must be so hard for you watching her deteriorate. If it were me I would firstly try and get her a GP appointment so you can go with her. If she refuses then you need to type up a letter and get her to sign it fo...
How is it going Henry’s Cat?
A very elderly lady in my Mum’s village had live in carers …. One worked two weeks on and the other then did her two weeks on. She got on very well with one of them but didn’t feel so comfortable with the other one although she did everything asked of her. I also had a friend who was a live in carer...
I am sure the staff will make it as easy as possible for you both Henry’s Cat! They will be well used to doing so. It is a bit like a child’s first day at school really. We worry sick all day and they settle fine.

Will be thinking of you. Xx
Welcome Ula! ❤️ It is very lonely at times isn’t it? I had a bad day last week and it all got too much for me and I had a good old cry. I don’t think any of us expect to still be caring for adult offspring. My daughter caused a lot of anguish this past week and even though I know she can’t really he...
Hi ….. My Mum was from Northern Ireland and I have a lot of relatives who live in Down and Tyrone. I know your brother doesn’t have dementia but I did read about the Dementia Friendly Barber called Lenny who works in Bangor and does a fabulous pop up shop in residential homes for gents with dementia...