[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My Mum (96 with Alzheimers) had 2 falls recently in her care home. She fractured a bone in her upper arm/shoulder. The hospital put on a pink foam Bandage around her neck which then supported her wrist which was also swollen and painful. She really has not been well at all this week and the care hom...
What does a carers assessment achieve? I do not understand hello Carol .... in my case a Carers Assessment achieved nothing whatsoever. It gave the SW a ride out in the countryside I guess. I made her a coffee. We talked about what I needed. She made notes and went on her way. I never got any of th...
hello Kate. Just sending you some love. My Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers in Autumn 2016 and is now very frail but she is a lot older than your husband.
Thanks everyone. I didn’t realise about not getting housing benefit if a relative owns the house. So thanks for that. Neither daughter nor boyfriend drink only maybe when we all have a meal out. We heard today that the property they hoped to get has just had a couple with 2 children move in. They mu...
regulars will know my special needs adult daughter and her boyfriend have been on the council housing list for 4 years. Everything has ground to a halt due to the pandemic. no houses are being allocated only to homeless and street sleepers and people in sheltered housing. here is my predicament! we ...
I will sign it Denis. same at my Mum’s home. She has been very poorly since last Tues and the doctor has been in twice and the nurse once. I have not been allowed to visit. I went about 5 months without seeing her at all. She cried her eyes out if we facetimed and didn’t understand it. Now we are al...
It’s hopeless. Everything is on hold and I can’t understand why things aren’t moving on now. My 91 year old Aunt spent over an hour in a completely empty waiting room at our surgery. It was boiling hot, she had a face mask on and she has sky high blood pressure and often falls over. Her daughter in ...
I am still waiting for the rules to be relaxed re care home visiting. i can see my poor old Mum deteriorating mentally and it’s very sad. We still get one 20 minute visit at an appointed time once a week. not allowed in the main building. Mum wears a visor which she hates and I wear a mask. We sit a...
Thanks everyone xx. yea the cash will go into her house fund. 👍
The money and card has literally just come through letterbox! My faith in human nature is restored and daughter has calmed down. Thanks.