[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well finally got to see Mum yesterday since about a week before lockdown. I had to go at an appointed time. had to wear a mask and Mum had to wear a face shield. We had to sit the required distance apart. We had planned to sit outside but it started drizzling. the staff had made the room look as nic...
no1mum wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm
IMG_20200311_231400.jpg

Virus shawl
Virus shawl is on my “to do list”. Yours is lovely.

I saw a young woman in a virus pattern poncho and it was stunning in lovely bright colours.
Nikki ... I know exactly how you feel. I had 2 ghost brothers though! My Mum has been in care for about 3 years now but prior to that I did everything for her in her home for 10 years and had her staying here every weekend. It was exhausting. How I didn’t have a breakdown I will never know but I thi...
Still no news. It absolutely sickens me that people cannot visit loved ones in care homes but 15,000+ were able to crowd into London and protest this weekend and couldn’t give a monkeys about social distancing. That was totally wrong and Sadiq Khan should carry the can for this as he could have bann...
To be honest I try to avoid public toilets as much as possible but when I have no choice I am always shocked at how dirty they are. This country has no idea how to really clean floors, sinks and toilets. When we are abroad on holiday we always notice how sparkling clean the toilets are because they ...
Just had a chat to the Manager of Mum’s care home and she says she cannot see visiting being allowed for a couple of weeks yet. they have had no coronavirus cases in residents or staff but she says they have to take instructions from Head Office and they in turn take instructions from the Government...
Rang my Mum in her care home after lunch and she was crying and saying she wished she could run away or just be dead. She is really low today. I haven’t seen her since before lockdown. It is so upsetting for her and me and it ruined my afternoon. The carer was with her and said she is really upset t...
I agree, Penny. My husband's home won't allow it either. Surely they have to find some way to facilitate visits soon. My husband is mobile but extremely confused, so social distance would be difficult even if we were allowed a garden visit. He is likely to approach me or any other visitors. We need...
We went to a huge local beach last week and it was no problem social isolating. However, the small toilet block was locked and people were going into the bushes and sand dunes to ‘toilet’ themselves. We stayed 3 hours and then we started needing the loo and there was no way we were going to squat in...
If two people from separate households can now meet up in an open space observing social distancing then I would have thought one family member and one resident could meet up outdoors at care homes. By the way, Mum’s care home was all tested this week and every single staff member and resident got n...