[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It must be very hard being the carer and having nobody to share your worries with or enjoy some time together. I know a woman who was in a similar position and she got talking to a delivery man one day and it turned out he was a carer for his elderly Mum too. Over time they got together and are now ...
hi Philip - 20 years is a long time to be a carer and I can completely understand that your retirement is not turning out as you expected. I cared for my Mum for 14 years before she died last Christmas and it was at times exhausting. Alongside caring for Mum I have an adult daughter who has learning...
Hi P, A few others on here have successfully moved their parent to a better home. Penny did, however I believe her Mum had capacity at the time. Elizabeth is in the process of trying to move her Mum and was applying to be her representative at the COP. Hopefully they will be along to share their ex...
Looking back I think the first word my Mum forgot was Meringues. She loved them and we used to buy them on most shopping trips and she would have them with fruit and yoghourt. One day I was doing her list and she just said she wanted “those white things” and never again did she use the word meringue...
i am also wondering whether she is entitled to any allowances/benefits since she has been living in the US for 20 years. i don’t mean to be rude but I don’t think there are many countries which would take on the responsibility for someone who has not lived here for 20 years. I have read several stor...
Sorry for your loss Paul. X
Hello Emma ….. it’s a pity you ever allowed him to move in with you really. however, as others have said, nobody can make you continue. I know a woman who is an only child and her Dad was horrible to her and also her Mum when she was growing up. He bullied them both and used to hit them and intimida...
My late Mum got taken in once by a woman who rang and asked various questions about her health and mobility and mentioned “healthcare”. As Mum had literally just come out of hospital after having a new knee she was not suspicious as she had been getting calls from the surgery, the OT and the Physio....
Mum is incontinent with diarrhea in the night... We've just got the hang of the clean up routine, but she badly needs washing every morning, as is developing a very sore rash. Unfortunately, it can take all day to persuade her to let us wash her... while the rash gets worse and she gets more sore.....
Oh that’s terrible! When you’ve gone to the trouble of reporting issues and then they get disregarded! It’s worth bearing in mind in future that “good “ probably counts for nothing! It is terrible David and really annoyed me when I read the report. One day I arrived to visit Mum and the owner came ...