[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just had a chat to the Manager of Mum’s care home and she says she cannot see visiting being allowed for a couple of weeks yet. they have had no coronavirus cases in residents or staff but she says they have to take instructions from Head Office and they in turn take instructions from the Government...
Rang my Mum in her care home after lunch and she was crying and saying she wished she could run away or just be dead. She is really low today. I haven’t seen her since before lockdown. It is so upsetting for her and me and it ruined my afternoon. The carer was with her and said she is really upset t...
I agree, Penny. My husband's home won't allow it either. Surely they have to find some way to facilitate visits soon. My husband is mobile but extremely confused, so social distance would be difficult even if we were allowed a garden visit. He is likely to approach me or any other visitors. We need...
We went to a huge local beach last week and it was no problem social isolating. However, the small toilet block was locked and people were going into the bushes and sand dunes to ‘toilet’ themselves. We stayed 3 hours and then we started needing the loo and there was no way we were going to squat in...
If two people from separate households can now meet up in an open space observing social distancing then I would have thought one family member and one resident could meet up outdoors at care homes. By the way, Mum’s care home was all tested this week and every single staff member and resident got n...
Can somebody please clarify who made the final decision to discharge so many patients to care homes?When I last looked online their wasn't much on it NHS Managers as far as I know. The care home my Mum is in was told they were sending patients there and to have rooms ready. The Manager and her Depu...
Ayjay wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:59 pm
Penny wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:59 pm
Do you have to have symptoms to get this test?
No.
Ayjay ... do you have a link that confirms this please?
Do you have to have symptoms to get this test?
List of essential workers and those prioritised for testing (England only) all NHS and social care staff, including: doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff, including volunteers and unpaid carers Oh thanks, I need to go ...
My 91 year old aunt's care home has been in lockdown for weeks yet now a chiropodist is having to visit because carers won't cut my aunt's toenails. She doesn't have diabetes or peripheral vascular disease- she just can't see to do it. I wonder why someone is having to be brought in to do this. It ...