[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
So sorry to hear about your Dad and all the pain you’re going through. Big love! Xx
Update. We have now told the housing association that they are not interested in this house and told them all the reasons why. It was daughter and boyfriend’s decision and came after much discussion. Yesterday we noticed a HA bungalow empty in the village so I have sent a pleading letter to our cont...
When my Dad was dying of cancer of oesophagus he could barely swallow but I made him homemade soups with loads of cream and butter to keep his calorie intake up. these froze very well. I cook from scratch lots of stews, casseroles, spag bol, pasta dishes, cottage pie etc and sometimes I freeze an od...
Hi Penny This is a tricky one. Does she currently walk to the doctors and shops and get buses by herself from where you are, or does she need your support to do that with her? Are there any dial a ride buses that she could use or special taxi services for people with disabilities..we have one here....
Thank you all so much for your help. I barely slept last night worrying about this. Hubby was working at a house in that village today and the owners confirmed they couldn't get a phone signal neither could he. They also confirmed what I knew about buses. We spoke to daughter at lunchtime and she we...
I am having doubts as to whether this house is going to be suitable for daughter and boyfriend. It is about 4 miles away along country lanes and there is no shop, nothing really. Once her boyfriend goes back to work (furloughed) the days are going to be so long for her. I looked at the bus timetable...
Like everybody else I haven’t been able to visit my Mum in her care home for many months Until the last few weeks. We have to meet outside the main building, I have temp taken, use sanitiser and wear a mask. Mum sits far away from me and wears a visor which she hates. The home are looking after her ...
Oh Sue my heart is breaking for you and your husband! it’s not right that people have to scrabble around for information, help and advice at such a sad time. Take care.x
Cloudygal wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:53 pm
Penny

That sounds lovely.

My son is going to be moving to supported housing and its a flat.
Hope that goes well then Cloudygal. It will be a big change for our children and us both.
Penny Fingers crossed Aw thanks Cloudygal. They have had their lengthy phone interview this afternoon and the house is theirs if they decide after they have viewed it. We drove over the other evening and it’s a really nice development of private, shared ownership and housing association homes but w...