Actually my heading is misleading! It should read “Short Breaks”.
Mae ... it seems it’s happening everywhere sadly. my daughter’s PB has been cut right down and I am so sick of it all and supporting my 95 year old Mum too that I can’t even think straight. I just want someone to say “this is how it works. This is what your daughter is entitled to and they are not a...
Chris ..... the social worker has today confirmed that she will authorise payment of the holiday for daughter and myself as we had already taken it in June and daughter has money in her account but they will not do so in future. I will try and locate the paperwork and double check though. We are dec...
Jlee .... hello! If you go abroad with your son on holiday you are still caring for him so will get the allowance.

In fact you should get treble the money as it’s VERY hard work. :lol:
hello Margaret .... I know what Crohns is but have no experience of it. I do, however, know PLENTY about adult daughters being hurtful and wearing you out. Some days my daughter ignores me completely. Other days she points out all my shortcomings, other days she wants everything in sight and she can...
Thank you Chris. Will drag the paperwork out and look.
My daughter has had a couple of holidays over the years and they have always been paid no problems. That was when we used another agency who handled everything. Last year County Hall took over the running of everything and have really tightened up. They have not paid for a request for payment I sent...
I was told by a social worker who came to do a Review that it was now called a Reassessment as it was my daughter’s first since the 2014 Care Act. I keep putting off agreeing to the Care & Support Plan because I feel they may be doing something underhand. What do you think?
Take a look in the dessert section of your supermarket. I have seen clear plastic pots with individual trifles or creme caramels and they would be perfect. You can also have a treat yourself! My OH has our orchids off to a fine art now. Once a week we soak them in a sink of water for about an hour a...
Hope you get sorted out! I am always dubious about dentists. a few years ago I saw a different dentist at our practice and I just got an uneasy feeling about him. he was not very gentle, he was curt and just not pleasant. As I went to pay the receptionist asked if it all went oK and I said “since yo...