We have solar panels but didn’t buy them. Some people call our scheme “rent a roof” as the firm who put them up there get the benefit and we get free daytime electricity. suits us and At least the solar power is being used.
i’ve been where and your Mum are now so I understand and sympathise. Mum fell over on her back onto concrete and we had to wait over 4 hours for an ambulance. This was a couple of years ago. She did not break anything but was extensively bruised and had internal bruising too so it was a slow recover...
I have looked into CHC for my Mum and never got anywhere. She is 95 with alzheimers, very poor mobility, arthritis in her spine, knee replacement, has twice had bowel cancer and has a stoma. I filled the forms in and a nurse (when she was in hospital following a 6 week stay due to a serious fall) th...
Short breaks ? As we all know , one of the areas being closely scutinized by most LA when it comes to monies being dished out under the PB and DP schemes. A new thread sums up the current situation pretty well ... a long read but well worth it : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all...
Actually my heading is misleading! It should read “Short Breaks”.
Mae ... it seems it’s happening everywhere sadly. my daughter’s PB has been cut right down and I am so sick of it all and supporting my 95 year old Mum too that I can’t even think straight. I just want someone to say “this is how it works. This is what your daughter is entitled to and they are not a...
Chris ..... the social worker has today confirmed that she will authorise payment of the holiday for daughter and myself as we had already taken it in June and daughter has money in her account but they will not do so in future. I will try and locate the paperwork and double check though. We are dec...
Jlee .... hello! If you go abroad with your son on holiday you are still caring for him so will get the allowance.

In fact you should get treble the money as it’s VERY hard work. :lol:
hello Margaret .... I know what Crohns is but have no experience of it. I do, however, know PLENTY about adult daughters being hurtful and wearing you out. Some days my daughter ignores me completely. Other days she points out all my shortcomings, other days she wants everything in sight and she can...
Thank you Chris. Will drag the paperwork out and look.