[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks I have the number and was going to ask for a Community Care Needs Assessment but my friend who has the care agency has said that SS will ask if I have my father's permission to chase. If I say 'no' - he has asked me not to chase it - frankly think he has not applied, they won't be able to dea...
I am my husbands carer and he has recently come out of hospital - his kidney function went down to 9% - not sure why - combination of anti biotics and painkillers. He also has a psoriasis flare up which is a nightmare but his dermatologist and nephrologist are talking. My problem now is my 79 year o...
Thanks Bowlingbun and Jenny - you have given me a lot to think about. His GP is great - I go with him now for appointments so am trying to build up trust. I am at a different surgery because he fell out with my GP and threatened to sue him. But in some ways, quite like to have someone separate treat...
Thanks Bowling Bun - I will try and clear some space in the shed and Summer House and see if we can get some of his printers and computers there although they are already fullish with things he has refused to get rid of and I have snuck out over the last few years!!! He keeps telling me that a laser...
He had a colonoscopy Jenny and they seem to feel that this and the endoscopy both virtually rule out internal bleeding. The consultant yesterday did say that if the iron pills did not work or he could not take them then he could have a transfusion every 3-6 months - his red blood count is now 98 and...
Thank you for your replies. I have been married 25 years and my husband is a very dominant character. I did get the fire brigade in after the heamatoma back in 2013 and they have fitted alarms upstairs and downstairs. The cooker itself no longer lights because he has burnt so many things - ditto eve...
Yes he has had a bowel scan and an endoscopy and that only showed gastritis. I think maybe internal bleeding has more or less been ruled out. But frankly I think the anaemia may well be due to his dreadful diet - he has had a litre of ice cream today and a sausage roll! He really seems to have no ap...
Hi Natalie I can relate to what you have put as I feel the same. I cope partially by reading a lot. Also I MAKE myself get up and made up and dressed and go and get the paper each day. I do see the dog walkers and often saying hello to them is the only contact I get with a human being each day. I al...
I have just joined this Forum. I am the 53 and the carer of my 76 year old husband. He has various conditions such as gout, psoriasis, lupus, acid reflux and now anaemia. Various tests have been done to rule out internal bleeding but he has lost 3st since June. I do feel very housebound and do not f...