[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks. Sadly not good start. Father's GP said he had been out last week. Explained that he had gone downhill. He wanted me to go over and call ambulance but I explained I was not medically trained and worried about the 'mental capacity thing'. He then said he would go out but would not let me know ...
Things are going dowhill. My father is sending the carers away before their time is up and refusing medication food and drink. Yesterday he spent all day on the bed without a sheet on it - lying on the mattress. Very worried as he is we think partially incontinent. The carers all tried to get him so...
Yes Jenny/Bowlingbun you are right - I do have the keys and am the emergency contact so do need to get keys cut - keysafe sounds a good idea. This is one of the things i was going to ask my local carers. Right too about the worry he would refuse to let carers in and be found on the bed having had a ...
Thanks so much. I am working on letters and a plan of action. Basically want safety net in place prior to withdrawing. I am going to tell Care Agency that from tomorrow they can consider me 'on holiday' or 'in hospital' when it comes to emergency contact but I will need to get extra keys cut soon fo...
Thanks Jenny/BowlingBun. Will get weekend over. I have written to the GP twice but will do so again saying that basically my father has no emergency back up via me. Social Worker suggested an advocate to deal with the finances via Age Uk but they no longer offer this service. I will go back to her a...
Thanks Jenny. I realise that my father must be pretty bad to even have the HART team in place as they usually only come out to people who have been discharged from hospital. I will be writing to the GP and to the Social Worker explaining that I can not offer emergency back up care. I will also see m...
I wonder if anyone has experience of what happens when the 6 weeks of free carers ends if the person won't co-operate re the financial assessment? My 79 year old father lives in sheltered accomodation. He has already refused social care assessment once and his file was closed. He has also refused th...
Thanks Jenny much appreciated. 14 is a good age. I do have other cats - I breed and show my Norwegians so they are a great comfort. Love the idea of meeting one day in heaven! I know Mara would not want me to be sad and I honestly think Monday night when she slept on my pillow purring and cheeping a...
I do not think you come over as hard Jenny and I feel you have done a huge amount for your MIL. You are very experienced in how the system works and I can only imagine what you must have been through. My father's Social Worker has organised a 6 week package to see if they can persuade him to take hi...
Can really relate - am in a similar position with my father. Totally agree with Jenny Lucas how you are made to feel guilty but the Social Workers - I am also my 77 year old husbands carer. I agree with all the advice given. Write to the GP and Social Worker telling them that you are backing out and...