[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sadly he has to want help and as long as he has 'mental capacity' he cannot be forced to seek or accept help. I would imagine his GP is well aware of the problem? Social Services do have a Duty of Care to him if he becomes a 'danger to himself' but this is so open to interpretation. I personally wou...
Oh Judy all I can suggest is counselling. I can relate SO much to your post. It is hard to care for someone if you really love them but if they have subjected their partner to decades of abuse, it is much more difficult. You do have choices. A solicitor maybe? Please remember you cannot be MADE to c...
Hi Cannot add much to the comments from the others.But yes, I can well believe your dog is a great comfort. It is normal to have days where you struggle. I found CRUSE telephone counselling quite good when I lost my late father - safe place to vent. They also had meetings but I was not able to atten...
Hello Karim. I am in a similar position - only child and I care for my very difficult 80 year old husband. Tell us more about your difficulties and challenges with your father. I am sure many will empathise. My problem with my husband is his non compliance with the medical staff and District Nurses....
Hello I am caring for my much older husband and I find it very isolating and lonely too. It is very hard to make plans as he can vary so much from day to day.Also socially he is very difficult and going out for a meal is now a nightmare. No easy answers but I Chair a Book Club and through that have ...
Hi Dan Welcome to the Forum. What support does your partner get from mental health professionals? Has she actually been diagnosed with BPD? Please try and get as much support for yourself as you can. I do agree to leave the flat when she does 'kick off'. No one deserves that kind of abuse and I imag...
Hi Jackie Yes it is very hard. In fairness, we had a Senior Nurse out earlier this year and when I saw her out she did say that none of the nurses had expressed any concern with regard to my caring for husband - most realise he is very difficult. He sleeps on the sofa attached to the headphones. Yes...
I cannot add any advice Jackie but I am in a similar situation to your daughter. My husband is 80 and has moisture lesions and now has a grade 2 pressure sore. Trying to get him to apply the creams and let me do the dressings is a nightmare. I worry too about Septis. This has been going on for 18 mo...
I cannot add anything to what Elaine has said in her informative post. I do not think anyone deserves to feel uncomfortable in their own home. Sadly he could go on for years. I would definitely contact SS and say you are at breaking point. You do not HAVE to care for him. Maybe sheltered accomodatio...
I have a difficult husband who is not acting in his best interests but apparently has 'mental capacity'. God only knows what one has to do for the powers to be to decide that mental capacity is diminished? I guess they know that we feel obligated to pick up the pieces? But it is wrong and in my opin...