[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
No and he has mental capacity.
I have lovely friends - very bad as I collected my cats ashes from the vets today- had to take 2 for check up and jabs.

I guess this is why I feel so fragile and judges. I do my best....
I hope it is ok to have a little rant? We have been having nurses out once even twice a week to deal with husband's pressure sores/moisture lesions for around 18 months. Generally they are fine but I can feel their frustration re his inability to take advice. Every couple of months I get someone sen...
BB you are a true diamond and cut to the chase with your advice because you have been there gone there and got the T shirt! I have gained a huge amount from your postings. .

I am sorry Stephen that you are leaving - at the end of the day you must do what is best for you.
Dear Melly My emails stay in the outbox and I cannot get them to go through. A lady I message most days is getting worried that I have not replied to her. I do not know how to correct this? I have to say that I am not the most technical person around but have been using this system happily for a whi...
Agree totally with the previous comments . Your feelings are normal and this is a safe place to let off steam. I always slightly envy people who say it is a pleasure to care for someone they love! I do not love even like my husband but for me caring is the only way I can keep my home and my cats and...
Hi Gloria Agree with all the suggestions - start to reach out to people. It sounds as if your husband like mine, was very controlling if he did not encourage/allow you to have friends but you are free of that now! I do understand it is a huge adjustment. Do you like reading? What about joining a Boo...
Daniel have you thought about contacting Al Anon? - a support group for families of alcoholics. I think the feelings you have are normal. I think you have gone the extra mile and you have a duty of care to yourself now. I do agree you need some support and some counselling right now. This is a safe ...
I found your post interesting. I do not eat meat and my husband is not eating much at the moment. I am happy to microwave meat dishes but cooking them is impossible as I had to remove the oven due to husband leaving the ring on and letting things over cook to the extent black smoked came out everyti...
No advice but to me it sounds like it could easily escalate into violence if your mother reaches breaking point and then it couldbe a police matter. Your mother sounds close to snapping and frankly she has to put herself first. Has any respite been offered? I know your father probably would not go w...