[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Bowlingbun, thank you for your reply. When I first phoned the GP out of hours this morning, they called the paramedics and suggested that Mum went into hospital and she refused. They asked if she had mental capacity and I said most of the time, maybe, but she does have loss of memory since her st...
Thank you for your reply Melly. Yes, my concern is that too. But, she is still refusing her paracetamol painkillers, and I did manage to persuade her to take half of her liquid antibiotics, but she said She doesn't want them again. One of the Careworkers came in late afternoon and also tried to pers...
I write this with a heavy heart. My mother has been under the weather the last 3 days and as I had persuaded her to have a change of pad for incontinence and then take her tablets, she had then got out of bed and walked to the sitting room until bedtime the last 2 days. She was alot better yesterday...
Thank you Jenny and Bowlingbun When the morning Careworkercame to help, she surprisingly was able to wash Mum's hair (Mum had refused the last 2 days, since it was done last week, she never lets me do it either) She then had all her breakfast and she was very chatty when I left her in the hands of t...
My 89 year old mother is due to go to respite this afternoon. She was due to go on Monday, but struggled to get out of bed and not feeling well. Temperature 37.4. (was normal an hour later and rest of day) When she eventually got out of bed (probably her incontinence pad was getting heavy) she was r...
Hi Christina Do you personally have to pay for the extra 15hours per week or does it come out of your mother's savings? I thought if a person is assessed as being below a certain amount then they don't need to pay for any care or a reduced amount, as Social services would rather they were looked aft...
Perhaps you could contact social services to see what they can suggest or put into place in an emergency, such as you have described.
|I am sure there is an alarm that is activated in the case of someone not getting out of bed at a set time and then they send someone around to check on the person.
Hello Debra This brings back memories for me. My daughter is 36 and suffers from Bi Polar and Borderline personality Disorder. But she was not as vulnerable as your son. But she did keep me awake all night, out of control and verbally abusive, screaming, threatening etc. It must be so hard for you j...
Michael May I also suggest, as she is a Carer, that she might like to register with this Carers UK forum, or at least look at its usefulness as it has been a lifeline fo so many of us in our caring duties. She may have a few problem areas that she needs support with. Well done to you on having found...
Hi My daughter aged, 35 aslo suffers from Bi polar and borderline personality disorder. I used to go with her to BI- Polar disorder meeting for Carers and sufferers and it was very useful. My daughter hardly ever went. They are run all over the country, but of course I don't know if there are any ne...