[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Craig When are the community nurses coming out to assess your dad? Has it been arranged? Your dad's surgery will have their phone number. If you have already been told that the nurses have been booked to come out, you need to know when, and say it's urgent, as your dad cannot afford to buy any mo...
If I had an elderly relative fall, I personally would call out the paramedics or GP to do a full examination of the person. I remember my grandfather falling several times over a period of time, many years ago in my mother's house. He was diagnosed as having TIA's, he had never suffered a full strok...
I so agree with Jenny and others who have replied about sticking it out. I too felt so guilty when I organised for my mum to go into a care home for respite for one week last November. She cried before she went in, but said she would go in if it was to help me. I specifically asked the staff to take...
Welcome to this very helpful forum.
Other members will be along soon to give advice to you.

They have helped me.
Christina
Welcome, NotSureWhatToDo I am fairly new to this site also and I have found incredible support. Please do go ahead and let us know who you are caring for and how you are coping or not coping. There will soon be others who will also respond to you and will be available to offer support and advice. Ch...
Hi Jenny and Frito Every time mum gets an infection, she says 'now I am going to die' I have had a good life and no longer want to be a burden' But this time, on Sunday, I phoned GP and they phoned the paramedics and ambulance came too. She refused oxygen mask for her low SATS oxygen rate, she refus...
Mum has improved since yesterday morning. She had a drink of coffee from the careworker, then a drink later from me, took her newly prescribed antibiotics for a urine infection and asked to be taken to her chair in the sitting room. She is not talking anymore of dying and has eaten light meals and s...
Thank you Jenny for your last reply. I used to be a nurse up to 15 years ago and have sat with many patients giving them comfort whilst they were dying. But as I left nursing due to becoming over anxious, trying to deal with looking after Mum from a distance 50 miles away in her home and also lookin...
Following my comment above, when the Carer came she accepted a cup of coffee from her and her antibiotics. I was shocked. I know that she may refuse again. I suppose I will have to come to terms that her wish to stay in bed may continue and she may fluctuate in her wish for fluid and diet. Do I give...
Thankyou all for your replies. I do value all you have said and from your experiences. My brother was given POA as being the only male in the family (I have 2 sisters, one of them is in Australia) The other lives an hour away,( not very well at the moment) and she has great difficulty making any dec...