[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Denise. Your husband needs a needs assessment and you a Carer's assessment, you will need to contact social services and state that you ans and your husband need this as both of you are struggling. Your assessment will be done after his and should be done privately. You need to list all that you ...
Hi Kate If you don't get a Carer's assessment within 2 weeks, you need to phone again and say how desperate you are feeling and if they cannot give you a date there and then on the phone, ask to speak to the manager. (It worked for me) Also, but it's really up to you, I felt I couldn't talk freely i...
Hello and welcome Kate. You have a care package for your husband when you are at work, what about arranging a care package for when you are at home? I have carers come into look after my mother, who lives with me - twice a day when I am at work and also when I am at home on my days off. I need this ...
Hi Nick I agree with Elaine about putting your daughter first. Although I am a carer for my nearly 90 year old mother, my husband and I also have been asked to care for my 11 year old granddaughter as her mother, my daughter, suffers from Border line Personality Disorder and Bi Polar and everything ...
Well done Elaine on getting your mum into respite. To get my mum into respite I said I needed to do decorating/painting and it was advised that my mum should not be surrounded by the paint, also that my father in law was ill and I need to travel up the 4 hour drive with my husband to see how we coul...
As your mother has painful hips and knees, she probably has osteoarthritis in both and as for the swollen legs/ankles, she may have raised blood pressure or fluid retention, this needs to be written on the application form for the AA. Has your mother seen the Gp and had a diagnosis of any of these p...
Have you tried your county council or your local carers?

Which county do you live in?
You really do have a tough time Margaret. Haa your husband had a needs assessment and have you had a Carer's assessment recently? Do you manage to get out for a break at all? Other Carers will be along soon to offer you support and advice, like I have had. Caring is very tiring mentally and physical...
My mother also had 6 weeks free reablement care when she came out of hospital in the Wirral after her stroke and also when she transferred at a later hospital discharge another time, to my house, after a 6 week spell in a reablement hospital (after 6 weeks in the main hospital) she had 6 weeks reabl...
Whilst you are waiting for the Power of Attorney to come through, I believe it can take up to six months if you do it on line yourself as my brother did, you can apply to your mother's bank for 3rd party access. My brother did this, he spoke to Mum as she could no longer sign her name or speak to an...