[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Welcome Steve Yes, it is a very supportive site. Don't hesitate to share your queries. I have looked after my mother in my home for just under 3 years (she is now age 90) and visited and supported Mum in her own home for the 20 or more years before that. It has been quite exhausting and stressful at...
Hi to you all Although it is my elderly Mum I have been caring for, I couldn't do without careworkers coming in, to give me a guaranteed break. Because of this, it's allowed me to work 2 days a week and see my grandchildren the other days, plus time off for myself. My mother has just recently gone t...
Hi Meggem I have a daughter who suffers from Bi Polar / personality disorder (she is in her mid thirties)and I look after her daughter. It has been extremely hard for my husband and I over the years to see her suffer through her extreme mood swings. You feel like you are treading on eggshells a lot ...
The agency that has been coming into my mum, charges £15 per hour and £9.50 per half hour. Also 30 pence per mile is added on for each visit. Bank holidays were double and evenings after 7pm are double (in case I needed an evening out) We have care workers twice a day. We live in North Wales. Christ...
Hi Penny

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your mother.

Christina
Hi Shari It's rare any GP understands the difficulties of looking after a family member or friend that has disabilities. You will need to contact social services for a Needs Assessment for your Mum and a Carer's Assessment for yourself. You will need to list all the things that you help your mum wit...
Thank you Pet66 for your reply. I have read all your posts with interest and know it has been very difficult for you too. I see my mum now, watching her own choice of TV, she loves musicals, enjoys her meals most of the time, she seems content and I am relaxed, except for the thought occasionally of...
Thanks for your replies. To be honest, I cannot face letting mum go permanently to the care home yet, although I know I may have to face up to it at some point. I feel that Mum may have been trying to say to the social worker that she prefers that care home to the previous one that she went to previ...
Hi This has been so awful for you both. I do so agree with no1Mum. I think you need to try another GP or even the first one again, and say that he may be getting worse and can he be referred urgently for a hospital medical opinion. Also get a specimen bottle from the surgery for another specimen, if...
Hi Mum has lived with me for over 2 and a half years in my home. Mum is 90 years old and suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis, had a stroke 7 years ago with speak difficulty and word finding, bowel and uterine prolapse, heart failure, some memory loss and is doubly incontinent. Mum has had respite that...